DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
61 - 80 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Wood has been cut and the angles shaped for all corners including a kerf’d piece for the round bottom portion. I am
going to put the braces in parrallel to the top wall of the enclosure not how they are pictured here as a fyi.

Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper Motor vehicle Gas

Paint Art Automotive lighting Font Wood

Blue Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Let’s make the hole section to gain added columns in the enclosure

Tire Automotive tire White Adhesive Wood

Automotive tire Wood Gas Machine Circle

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Now some fun time playing with some sand. I want to determine my actual enclosure columns and see how close i came to my back of the napkin calculations 🤓

16.6 litres and i should be able to add about 1/2 litre with the top piece. So right we’re i was hoping i would land and sand does not lie, lol!

Hood Asphalt Road surface Flooring Wood

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Now it is time to
plan the midbass speaker install into the enclosure

After lots of measuring and test fitting here is where i landed.

I changed the shape of the opening once i did the test fit in the car.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Wood

Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Tire Motor vehicle
Hood Wood Automotive design Automotive exterior Composite material

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Hood Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
Preping for a good dose of Kitty hair and resin and then a coat of milkshake on the inside pieces.

Wood Automotive tire Gas Circle Plywood

Wood Composite material Rectangle Hardwood Soil

Paint Art paint World Line Rectangle

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Time tro start gluing stuff together!!

I also did some ceanup of the corners and shaping.

I am super happy with my very first kerf pieces 😀

Wood Automotive exterior Gas Hood Bumper
Automotive design Wood Bumper Flooring Gas

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
and it is time to do the cut and fitting into the door panels. The final integration should clean up
nicely and shape well into the panel with the help from some filler and shaping.

This is about we’re i ended up
over the weekend.

Automotive parking light Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Automotive design Wood Office equipment Gas

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
My initial cardboard mock-up to check for placement, alignment to the top stage and of course leg room which there is still 90-95% of the tag room
left which i am happy about.

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Ma’am, I think you’re a little bit crazy but I’m going along for this ride anyway. lol

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
So I see that you have the panel holes templated but how are you going to actually attach the enclosure to your door? I’m looking forward to what you come up with. Looking amazing so far.

·
Registered
480 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
The PS sounds jigsaw technique? Or did he get it from somewhere?
Hehe, I made a box from jigsaw pieces of wood and fibrefill in the early 90’s. It’s nothing new, it’s just that he puts lots of stuff on you tube for all to see, it’s the same as his underseat midbass vids that have been in BMWs since the early 00’s and I’ve had for two yrs or so 😂

There are no new ideas pretty much… but new applications to use stuff in 👍🏼 I love seeing creative ways to fit stuff in cars 🥰

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Looking decent on the new build, I’d definitely get the midbass out of the doors!

Your passenger side mid will likely be ok due to the length of the car pushing it’s first big dip lower with it being an estate car, in my corsa which is a touch bigger than the Yaris it is at 110hz ish

I like the pillars, and yes they look big… but in reality they are the same sort of shape as mine so from the drivers seat they only block the stupid side window that’s pointless…

I can recommend going for a smaller driver to get a more articulate upper midrange, I have the satori mw13p-4 and also a set of mr13p-4 in mine currently in a layout in the picture which is a test, I gave approx 5 liters sealed in the enclosure which is a very low Q but allows me to have my ‘reflection free’ dash top

pushing the drivers up the a pillar gets a wider stage and arranging the drivers as I have them further stabilises the ta as the centres are even closer together which as you pointed out makes small movements of the head even less noticeable than when drivers are in a vertical array

I like the way you think, you’re like a female me 😂

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Gas Fender

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Looking through the pics of the midbass build, then I get to the one showing how it will be angled upwards...

Excellent work on all of it, really cool.
thank you and i thought i would give it a go and see what happens!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
So I see that you have the panel holes templated but how are you going to actually attach the enclosure to your door? I’m looking forward to what you come up with. Looking amazing so far.
yes the panel holes where used to index the box position to the panel and door. I have put three seperate holes in the door and used nutserts(rivnuts) to anchor the box to the door. It is super solid just like the yaris was :)

61 - 80 of 143 Posts