DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 441 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I graduated a few months ago and as such decided I was tired of the Altima so I got a new car. 2017 Civic EX-L Hatch with most of the bells and whistles (just under the touring edition). This build will come to fruition as I accrue the items (and time) needed, however since I got a brand new car I want to do it right the first time. I brutalized my previous cars and don’t want to torment the Honda like them :) As such, Im taking my time with this build.

Here’s the goal; as stated the stuff will come over time but I’m pretty set on the equipment. I hope to get some help tuning and make this car a truly beautiful sounding car:

-Stock head unit. Honda’s new radio is GORGEOUS and I couldn’t justify an aftermarket deck. If the output truly sucks I might try a JL fix, but I don’t think it’ll need it.

- Helix dsp.2 with modified urc.3. The urc.3 has a switch that’ll allow me to switch from the analog input to the digital input which I’ll use when I really want some high res music. But for daily driving to work and stuff the stock head unit with usb to my phone will suffice.

- not set on amps yet. My buddy is an image rep and I want to help him out, but I might end up using the leviathan again since it’s been so good to me. Who knows.

- Stevens Audio sa6-cs. Eric’s new component set in the active config. Mids will go into custom kick panels vented to either the carpet or the body of the car. Tweeters will be moulded into either the pillars or sails, will decide after listening. I’ve been talking to Eric over email and he’s got me super excited to try them out and has been a big help thus far.

- (x2) Stereo Integrity bm mkv’s in a false floor config. Since I’m not commuting to school so often I feel better ditching the spare, so I’ll put the subs, helix, and amps in the false floor. Obviously this means I won’t have a complete install until at least 2018 :D

My goal is to make this the best sounding car I’ve ever listened to. Considering I’ve listened to cars such as Steve’s Mazda and Jason’s Subaru I know I’m setting a very high standard, but it’ll be a nice goal to strive for even if I don’t meet it.

Here’s a few pictures of the car when I got her. I got 20% tint on all the windows and rear windshield but I haven’t taken good pictures of that yet.

I’m super excited about this build :) Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Dry nice car and wise decision as to taking your time doing the build. Too many people rush in as soon as they buy the car, and then find themselves tearing it apart often to change This or that.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

Killer ride. Had one give my GTI a run for the money. Diggin' that color.

Is the interior out yet?

It’s certainly more fun to drive than my family sedan Altima haha. And yeah the color is honestly my favorite part; it’s a pearl gray color so in the correct lighting you can see green flakes, it’s beautiful. No I haven’t done anything to the interior. Actually that’s not true, I took out the driver side kick panels to make sure there wasn’t a fuse box hidden in there and to see what kind of space I have. The park brake is operated with a small handle in the center console so that’s not a problem either.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
My favorite color with the new Hondas,my son has the base model in red.Sub’ed and have fun with the build.

Sold my ‘11 Accord recently so been eyeing the new Accord in that color.What I like after looking at some videos and pics is the tweeter pods,they resemble the BMW ones.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have heard the SA component set and they are wowzers and they weren't even tuned. Was a beautiful sound. Clear, vibrant but not harsh like a focal tweet. Sounded like studio speakers in a car.

I just ordered a set myself. :) If going that high end, get the best amps you can. I am going Helix P Six and a G One. Will be pre set to go 3 way if I want when the mid comes out.

Sweet ride, I love the new CRX's. Post some other pics of the inside - show us that HU! :)

Sub'ing!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Subbed too! That's a British car from Honda in Swindon/England! My kid bought one 2 days ago. That fancy nice gray wasn't available in stock in southern CA in the trim/package that he wanted. The dealer found one a few hundred miles away in San Francisco but was too much trouble to swap/send it over... so he happily took the white one. Best wishes and have fun there!

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,367 Posts
Not sure where in NC you are but reach out to Mic10is about the Stevens drivers, he is running them in his Acura and can help out.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Not sure where in NC you are but reach out to Mic10is about the Stevens drivers, he is running them in his Acura and can help out.

I think Mic10is is out near me, in Apex (at least when I last dealt with him). So he's only a couple of hours from you, WhereamEye.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Nice design idea. Doors are paper thin and not a lot of depth. Id ctx6.5 wouldn't fit even with a spacer but hat imagine 6.5 would. Id suggest to take care of the doors all at once since its only 1 screw holding it in and the rest push pins. Power wire is easy enough as there is a grommet behind the battery on the driver side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Nice upgrade!

When I built my last car, I ran 1/0 wire (even tho it was overkill) and ran speaker wires for a 3way setup. I terminated the wires with Traxxas connectors on both ends, that way if I changed speaker locations later, I could just make extensions off the connectors without having to run all new wires and pulling the car back apart every time.

I also ran stereo speaker level signal wires (initially used my factory radio) and Toslink cable (for eventual tablet upgrade).

Just a thought.

Jay

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
Im in Holly Springs. Ive been running Erics Speakers since december or January. I have the original final sample set from beta testing.
I have quite a bit of experience with them...and in a Acura (honda)

If you need help, just ask

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Awesome car. I love the new civics and considered getting a type R, but I just can't get over that gigantic airplane wing on the back. Look forward to following along.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Im in Holly Springs. Ive been running Erics Speakers since december or January. I have the original final sample set from beta testing.
I have quite a bit of experience with them...and in a Acura (honda)

If you need help, just ask
I would so love to hear Mic's car - he got best SQ of show at MECA world finals..!!!!! Same setup as you want to do in your Honda too up front.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Look even if I didn’t need help, knowing the experience that you have with those Eric speakers would have me chilling with you for hours. Also sampling them in your car would definitely have me bringing a six pack of pop and a heavy pizza with me. :)

Reactions: Brules

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
Look even if I didn’t need help, knowing the experience that you have with those Eric speakers would have me chilling with you for hours. Also sampling them in your car would definitely have me bringing a six pack of pop and a heavy pizza with me. :)
whats pop?...lol:D:D

SODA!! its freakin Soda!!!....pop.....SMH

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Where I was born and raised ( Charleston S.C ) it was always known as pop and being stuck in NJ has not had me change that lol. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 441 Posts