DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yea theyve been talking about it for years now. Im in if they do. The car needs 300 pound feet of torque.
A little electric motor will take care of that and then some while keeping the fundamentals (IC engine) close to original for the purists. I bet they'd have a good market if they didn't go too crazy with it like they did with the NSX and kept it sub $50k

·
Registered
313 Posts
Lol. 153 foot pounds of torque. Thats what killed it tho. Once u knew that u couldnt take it seriously. Still i loved mine, n id lease one again if i had the chance. 👍
And that's what made it a bit of a sleeper. Do the math, it's power to weight ratio is on par with big power V8 AMG's. They rapped out to 9K RPM before they detuned them to around 8K or something. It held it's own.

·
Registered
360 Posts
No
And that's what made it a bit of a sleeper. Do the math, it's power to weight ratio is on par with big power V8 AMG's. They rapped out to 9K RPM before they detuned them to around 8K or something. It held it's own.
No dont get me wrong, on paper it definitely held its own. Power to weight for sure. 0 to 60 for sure, but it just never felt fast to me. I had an 03 maxima n it was way faster bc of the torque. Still as i said, id be first in line if they ever brought it back.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Wow nice thread jack lol. The S will get some action come summer time. And for the record that car makes you forget all about torque.

As for an update, the refund was issued, and I plan to purchase another one through an Audison dealer at a local shop. I’m pretty terrified to hook up another one for fear of the same result but I really want to stick with this platform.

I’m even considering having them fab up some a pillars for a mid range, the Hertz 700.3, and going 3 way. I really want to bridge the channels for the mid woofers and go 3 way so I can utilize every channel.

Also, I’m still not sure whether the Audison gives me a full signal from the just the mid inputs, may add the tweeters and sub to that, not sure yet.

·
Registered
313 Posts
We thought you jumped ship :)

I'm having tweeter and mid pods printed by this guy as we speak:

[0]=68.ARAchC226gtSP0Dvol16qg612qlQ6QulMLuIOI5OT9AciIKNA4S5iaMHkEAsI2kDYJRMnOUadstzOk7hpuEQzY2W8WzYtbcztFP-DbwFa3ll19i0vC3P8qgoLmcOHNbCjU-Qpkz6UcPXs95522_4FYRvJJFEVRZPcuJqnHCLY4sPOYvjiHUS4A7z2mgwu-VY3x9rvi6-lvbEHmdsSkrEBhl9CDHzxG1YOlPyO987pJ8Da5dqujHzP7tBGw-LtKiL_Re83gWXFnSzyk8m_7bz46S9tg6WKusckVcG8Wck1AAcxNFjdf0&__tn=kC-R

·
Registered
360 Posts
And for the record that car makes you forget all about torque.

Well not really, but I agree its an extremely unique car to drive. Id also say theres been nothing quite like since its departure many years ago.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Small update: replacement amp has arrived. Bad news is that I won’t be able to get back to it for probably 2 weeks :(

41 - 60 of 63 Posts