21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
C3CX are sold.

Moving to:

-- Audible Physics AR3A 3" Midrange
-- ScanSpeak Illuminator R3004/6020-00 1" Tweeter Small Ring Radiator
Those are going to sound great. I really like both of those drivers.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
both going into the dash? we have similar gear, and now that i added a sub amp, i am looking at going 3 way to use the 2 spare channels on the P-six...need something i can fit in the dash. I have 690's in the door.

You can’t go wrong with the Scan r3004s. I’m running them in my truck and I absolutely love them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
C3CX are sold.

Moving to:

-- Audible Physics AR3A 3" Midrange
-- ScanSpeak Illuminator R3004/6020-00 1" Tweeter Small Ring Radiator
Looking forward to your review of the new separates vs the coaxials.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Loving the tonality of the new setup.
I need to deaden the doors a bit more and tune, but I think the truck is wayyyyy more capable with the AP mid and Scan Tweeter combo.
We need to audition each others truck!!

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Loving the tonality of the new setup.
I need to deaden the doors a bit more and tune, but I think the truck is wayyyyy more capable with the AP mid and Scan Tweeter combo.
Where did you end up mounting the tweeters at? Any pics of the new install? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Fast rings ordered. Getting some more CLD for the doors.

I spent more time tuning the truck and it sounds really good.
I am excited.

Also doing a bunch of mods to the truck outside of audio... I need to do a better job of updating this thread.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Recent Shot

Here is what is in the works:
-- Scan 12m dropped into the dash, nearly on axis. It will be tied into the pillar and the stock location. Tight fit, but prob the best way to get great SQ without being ugly and consuming a ton of windshield room.
-- Scan r3004 in the sails 100% on axis. I had the ebay pods but they got trashed from vibrations off roading.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Recent Shot

Here is what is in the works:

-- Scan 12m dropped into the dash, nearly on axis. It will be tied into the pillar and the stock location. Tight fit, but prob the best way to get great SQ without being ugly and consuming a ton of windshield room.

-- Scan r3004 in the sails 100% on axis. I had the ebay pods but they got trashed from vibrations off roading.
Great job. Love the build! Audio setup is on point but TC +2.5" and Kings aren't too shabby either. If I end up going the Taco route, I'll be doing something similar.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice build man, I like it.. but what’s up with keeping the stock HU?? I researched and research cause I also have a Toyota with Entune (non-JBL) and I was under the impression that it can’t be 100% tuned/dialed/fixed etc.. in fact, a few members here said it was a well documented issue on DIYMA.. thoughts?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here’s what “TrutHunter” said:

IME, with a 2015 Camry XLE V6 with similar Entune Nav non-JBL HU, the very noticable noise floor will be the least of your problems. There will also be a lack of dynamics, resolution and stereo separation. These are qualities that a DSP can not fix. Replacing the HU with aftermarket made a night/day difference in my experience. A little searching on this forum will find others that agree with this assessment of late model Toyota head units.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts