DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Acura RDX (base trim - one LCD screen, no nav, etc) with the OEM speakers (6) and OEM rear hatch sub. Lately I've been feeling the itch to upgrade the audio. Nothing crazy, but I do want a solid sounding system. In the past I had an 03 GTI with JL 6.5s and a 12" JL sub that sounded great to my ears. I'd be happy with something that sounded similar. I'd like to keep the OEM head unit but tie in my own amp(s), speakers, and sub. 6.5 components up front, 6.5 coaxials in the rear, a 10" or 12" sub in the cargo area, and a 5-channel amp to power it all. Leaning towards a sealed 10" to keep the footprint down.

I'm having difficulty tracking down any posts about upgrading this particular model/generation RDX. I spoke with the local audio shop, and they recommended using a Mosconi 6TO8 to flatten out the head unit output before amping. Is this overkill? They thought AudioControl (LCI*) products weren't going to work as well in the RDX.

Has anyone worked on an RDX before? Any suggestions on what I should use for the lineout/DSP?

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts