·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Very, Very Nice.
Anxious to hear your first impressions.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just curious, are SBP15 subs really 12inches in depth, as per their specs? Looking for the same sub setup. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Just curious, are SBP15 subs really 12inches in depth, as per their specs? Looking for the same sub setup. Thank you.
That is shipping info. I’m pretty sure I remember reading it follows the dimensions of the TD series, which they have the technical drawings for, which I attached for the TD15. Looks to be about 8 inches deep, which is what I remember and expect.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Well, it's official... I have the Audi back and am a happy camper!!! Of course, all credit has to go to Steve and his crew at Audio X , they definitely exceeded my expectations for a really good sounding system... it's much better than that! I feel like a couple of superlatives are necessary, so here goes;

Sound: Awesome! Just great overall tone and balance. Totally blown away by the AF GB25's.
Volume: Holy $#!t... this thing gets stupid loud but stays composed... it goes much louder than I will ever play it!
Bass: Again, Holy $#!t! I thought the rear window was going to blow out a couple of times... and Steve has the bass turned down, so if I want to go crazy, I have that option. :LOL:

I also wanted to give a shout out to the Audio X competition team who lent their ears to the tuning which was done the old fashioned way, without DiracLive. Steve specifically mentioned that Kirk Profitt had tuned late into the night, so I appreciate everyones help! I was especially happy to hear that Kirk had spent time on the tune... I met Kirk back in 2013 at Grayson and Allys Atlanta GTG, and his Acura (at the time) has always been the benchmark vehicle to me. It did everything so well, and got loud AF with no hint of losing composure.

But I digress... thanks for indulging my diatribe! And again, in case I didn't make it clear, if you are looking for a first rate shop to do your install or freshen-up, Steve and Audio X are the guys!

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Looks great! Any idea how much depth you lost in the trunk?
Right at 13.5"... and the depth has more to do with the vehicle than anything... Steve over-engineered the hell out of the baffle, actually welding it to the vehicle which was dictated by the location of the trunk framework. I would estimate that the space between the rear of the sub to the back of the folded up seat is probably about 4"... hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Very, Very Nice.
Anxious to hear your first impressions.
Honestly, just amazed! I'm thoroughly impressed by the AF GB25's, they get loud and blend with the AD 8's incredibly well. My plans are to save the current tune as the master copy and then give a DiraceLive tune a try to see what happens. Since I have four presets to work with on the miniDSP controller, I'm going to create a tune for my everyday driving seat position, one for the traditional seat reclined demo position and I'm sure I'll find uses for the other two.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
That is shipping info. I’m pretty sure I remember reading it follows the dimensions of the TD series, which they have the technical drawings for, which I attached for the TD15. Looks to be about 8 inches deep, which is what I remember and expect.

I measured 5" from the back of the baffle to the back of the pole cover and the baffle is 2 1/4" thick, so by my estimation, the mounting depth of a SBP15 would be 7 1/4".

81 - 96 of 96 Posts