DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
for the rear doors, instead of going with foam rings I'm going to try out these silicon rings. With the coaxial in place on the Scosche speaker adapter the outer edge sits just about flush to the factory foam ring......see pics below:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
driver rear door complete; just need to mount the speakers to the door and install the door panels back in:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
second idea; with the 2.5" seat lift I have more room to mount stuff so I stand a decent chance of taking advantage of the extra room. If all works out, as a bonus, I'll get to keep my mounting panels flat and simple (not that I'm afraid of heating the panel to bend....but I am ;) only got one to work with). Because of that, this is most likely the route I will go.....assuming all things are possible. 2 pieces total; drivers side gets the amps, passenger side gets the crossovers and DSP......behold:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
small detail; not sure what these are called but when you have the 2.5" seat lift installed and you engage/disengage the seat from the back wall to either fold down the seat or put it back to the upright position, sometimes these little plastic pieces pop off. So I went old school (in my mind anyway) and used some weatherstrip adhesive (Loctite 37532 Black Weatherstrip Adhesive) in the hopes (fingers crossed) they get locked into place:

I used this technique:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Was the seat lift necessary for the speakers you choose to use or just the nature of their speaker box?
Needed the extra height to fit a standard depth 10" sub; so it was my sub choice that drove the need for the lift kit. I probably should have just went with a shallow sub...lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
speaker adapters showed up and starting to prep them for install. First thing was to fill the open end with some liquid electrical tape/insulation:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I'd say likely a bit more, tho I wish I had some measurements to back that up. My current stack is 2.5" and I feel like it could be closer to the door card.
Question; where did you pull your remote turn on signal? Thank you!

41 - 60 of 71 Posts