DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for sharing the link know I know what product are called hopefully I can find them locally. Great work so far!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
got the rear speakers foam taped and mounted up:

polarity checks out, time to get the door panels back on!

going to add some sound deadening around the door speaker area/ABS plastic speaker mounting bracket

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Again, not perfect, but good enough for this project. I found this area to be rather difficult to get everything to lay flat-ish...anyway, this is the process I've been using. First I trace a "rough" template on a bisquine type product, then stick it to the Stinger Roadkill, cut it out, then use the cut Stinger Roadkill piece to trace a template on the 1/8" Dynamat Dynaliner. Then I clean the area I want to apply it to with Isopropyl alcohol and then apply the sound products.

Door speaker/Stinger Roadkill

Door speaker/Dynamat Dynaliner

completed door:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
rear door panels are back on; overall the rear doors sound very solid...feels like I added a decent amount of mass. I also added tesa tape underneath all the door panel plastic pins before I mounted them back up.....not sure if it will help much but figured why not.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
first time working with ABS sheet; stuff gets everywhere! Again, far from perfect but good enough for this application

61 - 71 of 71 Posts