DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of Lexus NX 300 Sail panels made for forum member Matt81. Since he didnt get proper original sails for his car, he fabricated a sail base and set speaker rings by himself. I did the rest of the fabrication needed and send them back to him....he will upholster them in a 4D stretch vinyl. So, on to the pics of fabrication:

This is the base created and speaker ring positioned with help of laser. Speaker rings are set on-axis, so sails will be a bit different by looks, Ill try to keep them as similar as possible.
Rings were 3D printed (ABS).

I started to remove speaker ring supports out and closing the openings with filler with strands.
on the lower side I integrated 3D printed flange for the tweeter cable

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here's a few quick follow-up images of them test mounted, before i get a chance to wrap them in black 4- way stretch vinyl.

I won't need to do any kind of sanding or make any adjustments for them to fit, once they've been wrapped either.

I've had a few glue recommendations (here in Europe). but everyone has been tight-lipped on what glues they're using to wrap sail panels.

Anyone have any good ideas?

Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

Automotive parking light Car Automotive lighting Wheel Motor vehicle

Mirror Automotive side-view mirror Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive mirror Automotive lighting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts