DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my third build in less than 2yrs….It was a tough decision, but I decided to take the electric vehicle plunge. I will definitely going to miss my Infiniti especially the audio system. Unfortunately it seem all my components from my Q50 will be able to be transferred to the Tesla..yeah…Well everything except my AE subwoofer 😥….
Don't really have a design plan but definitely want to remain stealthy without taking up too much space in the back….Any design ideas with pics would be appreciated …..

Tweeters- Audiofrog GB10
Mid-range- Audiofrog GB25
Mid bass - Audio Development Neo800
Rear sub- Audiofrog GB12D2. ( old AE SBP15 will go on sale soon)

Amps-
Zapco AP 150.4 for the mids and tweets
Zapco AP 150.4for the midbass and GB12

Helix DSP3 with a comander ( old director will go on sale soon)

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
May i ask how the hell you keep power for the amps ? Just wondering

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
May i ask how the hell you keep power for the amps ? Just wondering

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Very good question.. I have not started the installation yet…The vehicle uses a regular deep cycle battery for all 12volt components….I am thinking about upgrading to a lithium ion battery for the system…some more research will be needed on my end.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Helix DSP3 with a comander ( old director will go on sale soon)
Commander? I was all excited about a new Helix accessory... Did you mean Conductor?

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I'll be following your progress. You've obviously got all of the necessary components to create a great system in this car.

So far I've only heard one SQ system in a Tesla Model S, but it was fairly impressive, so I'm sure you'll be able to achieve decent results as well, especially with the equipment you already have.

The system I listened to was in a former MECA organizer & SQ judge GF's 2018 red Model S. (Todd something...can't remember his last name, but he's a tall lanky guy with glasses and longish dark curly hair).

This Model S system used a 3-way Audio Development MM front stage setup but with the W800NEO midbass & a 15" Dayton Reference HF subwoofer.

Todd was using the Audison AP8.9 Bit DSP/Amp for processing and to power the front stage. Tweeters in the OEM A-pillar locations, 3" or 4" mids in the OEM dashtop corner locations, and the W800NEOs in the OEM front door locations.

The 15" sub was in a sealed enclosure placed in the rear floor storage compartment. I'm not sure what amp was used to power the sub, but it was plenty of output for me in terms of a SQ system.

Overall it presented a good sound stage, with nice, focused delineation from Left to Right, and fairly consistent mid-windshield stage height as well. It didn't image beyond the A-pillars or windshield with the tracks that I was able to demo, and the depth/layering was just average, but was impressive otherwise.

The system did extremely well on one of my "torture test" tracks which is a reggae dub track titled "Dub in a Time of Cholera" by Dub Colossus. Search for it on YouTube.

This track has lots of impact, dynamics, and bass, with a wide variety of instruments & EFX that are spread all across and layered in the soundstage. I played this track through Todd's system via the Tesla's OEM head unit's BT connection, so I'm sure it would have done much better through a direct, lossless connection, as is the case in my setups.

Anyway, all that to say that you should end up with a [email protected] system in your Tesla.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be following your progress. You've obviously got all of the necessary components to create a great system in this car.

So far I've only heard one SQ system in a Tesla Model S, but it was fairly impressive, so I'm sure you'll be able to achieve decent results as well, especially with the equipment you already have.

The system I listened to was in a former MECA organizer & SQ judge GF's 2018 red Model S. (Todd something...can't remember his last name, but he's a tall lanky guy with glasses and longish dark curly hair).

This Model S system used a 3-way Audio Development MM front stage setup but with the W800NEO midbass & a 15" Dayton Reference HF subwoofer.

Todd was using the Audison AP8.9 Bit DSP/Amp for processing and to power the front stage. Tweeters in the OEM A-pillar locations, 3" or 4" mids in the OEM dashtop corner locations, and the W800NEOs in the OEM front door locations.

The 15" sub was in a sealed enclosure placed in the rear floor storage compartment. I'm not sure what amp was used to power the sub, but it was plenty of output for me in terms of a SQ system.

Overall it presented a good sound stage, with nice, focused delineation from Left to Right, and fairly consistent mid-windshield stage height as well. It didn't image beyond the A-pillars or windshield with the tracks that I was able to demo, and the depth/layering was just average, but was impressive otherwise.

The system did extremely well on one of my "torture test" tracks which is a reggae dub track titled "Dub in a Time of Cholera" by Dub Colossus. Search for it on YouTube.

This track has lots of impact, dynamics, and bass, with a wide variety of instruments & EFX that are spread all across and layered in the soundstage. I played this track through Todd's system via the Tesla's OEM head unit's BT connection, so I'm sure it would have done much better through a direct, lossless connection, as is the case in my setups.

Anyway, all that to say that you should end up with a [email protected] system in your Tesla.
Wow man that was a hell of a read. I am taking my time on this one to get it right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts