DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I traded in my F150 and bought this for a few reasons irrelevant to this.

Gear:
DSP - Helix DSP Mini
Subwoofer - FI IB3 18s (1 or 2, not sure yet)
Speakers - Karma Mobile Audio 6x9 & Tweeter
Amplifier - Audio Apex 5 channel amplifier

First thing that I did was do the amplifier/DSP mount as I wasn鈥檛 decided on the subs by then and the speakers are still on a ship 馃ゴ i wanted to make it be able to be taken out with no tools and be able to take out the amplifier to wire it or adjust settings easily.
Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Blue Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle door Tints and shades

I wanted to be able to wire it up whereever I needed in the car so I made umbilical cords for the wiring for the amp. The DSP is on the back side of the mount completely hidden away and wiring is ran above it where an access panel cover once was. Only cutting I鈥檝e have to do is to mount the amp to the car using rivnuts.
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Bicycle fork

Whenever I get the speakers, I鈥檒l show how I plan to mount them along with the wiring I did. I was able to do all of my wiring without taking out the radio. Battery was in the trunk so that made my life super easy.
Automotive tire Automotive design Audio equipment Electronic instrument Gadget

Here are the subs I plan to use. Found some single 2 IB3 18s BNIB locally for $400 for the pair! I may only use one but not sure entirely. The amp does 1k at 1 ohm which will be absolutely plenty for one or two of them. I plan on deadening the rear deck and go from there.
Stay tuned! Hopefully will be getting speakers in the coming weeks but don鈥檛 have much to do until then.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where can you order some Karma Mobile Audio speakers online and see more info on them? Went to their Facebook and didn't see that they're selling them there.
The guy鈥檚 name who can sell direct is Adam Schlepphorst on Facebook. He鈥檚 the co-owner, they鈥檙e working on a website now.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kinda forgot about this thread to be honest, but it鈥檚 all playing now! Had to do a BT HEC to bypass the factory head unit due to no response under 30hz and it鈥檚 awesome! Can hairtrick on request but sound amazing elsewhere. Can still fit a baby stroller, golf clubs, you name it. Had to redo the floor pieces in the trunk to still Access the spare tire if need be since it isn鈥檛 easy taking it all out. The Karmas sound AMAZING. The 6x9 was too deep so I had to go with their 6鈥 and it doesn鈥檛 disappoint. A quick 1-2 hour tune got everything flat and sounding better than anything else I鈥檝e had. I鈥檝e been curious to try a wideband up front but I enjoy the volume that the tweeters provide so haven鈥檛 really looked into it too much. I wanted to try a vinyl or inlay some designs but the carpet just looks clean to me. Didn鈥檛 want to overdo it or make it seem like a branding machine with the logos anywhere so didn鈥檛 do any.
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tread

Automotive tire Wood Bumper Motor vehicle Sculpture

Plant Floor Flooring Gas Road surface

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Grille Automotive exterior

Hood Wood Automotive tire Bumper Floor

Car Gear shift Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle

Registered
This looks great and I love how solidly you mounted the subwoofers.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ended up adding some trim panels for the back of the frame. Turned out pretty good. Forgot to paint the baffle cutout so I鈥檒l be doing that when it gets taken out again.
Bumper Automotive exterior Cameras & optics Gas Audio equipment

1 - 12 of 12 Posts