DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just recently bought a new 2019 Durango and I want to transfer over my old sound setup as well as make more upgrades. I know there are a few threads on here I've researched but I'm still confused about a few things.

First, I want to transfer over my Soundqubed 2200.1 and my Sundown Z V.4 10 inch over.

Next I'll want to upgrade the Door speakers.

Finally, I'm not 100% sure on this, but I may eventually upgrade the headunit to a Pheonix Automotive PX6 Andriod Headunit.

I don't have any Beats Audio or Alpine, just the stock sound system with 7" screen.

My question is besides the speakers and amps, what else would I have to purchase. I've read about stuff like the PAC’s AmpPRO4, AudioControl LC6i, DSR1, Helix DSP MINI, Mosconi Gladen DSP 6TO8 Pro Digital. I have no idea which, if any, of these I should get.

Any and all help is appreciated!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just upgraded a 2012 durango that had the factory amp with sub and center channel. I used an amp pro and helix v twelve and upgraded the speakers all around. Two 8 inch subs in a custom box in the rear. The amp pro in my instance intercepted the signal between the head unit and factory amp and provided a clean level rca output l/r front, l/r rear and subs. The outputs from the factory amp were eq'ed and band passed extensively I never figured out exactly what the amp outputs were. could have went with the high level inputs from the factory amp to sum the signals but too many wires to deal with then It was too much effort to figure it all out so I spent the couple hundred for the amp pro. Cant speak to what your head unit outputs are.
The Helix does a great job amplifying for my needs Absolutely love the DSP in the helix. Virtual channels make fine-tuning a breeze, the center channel processing seems to work well. Been having a blast playing with all the adjustments trying to squeak out an ever better sounding system.
Still looking for a quality 3.5 inch for my center channel though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just upgraded a 2012 durango that had the factory amp with sub and center channel. I used an amp pro and helix v twelve and upgraded the speakers all around. Two 8 inch subs in a custom box in the rear. The amp pro in my instance intercepted the signal between the head unit and factory amp and provided a clean level rca output l/r front, l/r rear and subs. The outputs from the factory amp were eq'ed and band passed extensively I never figured out exactly what the amp outputs were. could have went with the high level inputs from the factory amp to sum the signals but too many wires to deal with then It was too much effort to figure it all out so I spent the couple hundred for the amp pro. Cant speak to what your head unit outputs are.
The Helix does a great job amplifying for my needs Absolutely love the DSP in the helix. Virtual channels make fine-tuning a breeze, the center channel processing seems to work well. Been having a blast playing with all the adjustments trying to squeak out an ever better sounding system.
Still looking for a quality 3.5 inch for my center channel though.
Is the AmpPro only for vehicles with factory amps like the ones with Beats Audio? As far as I know, I don't have any amp, just the headunit and door speakers?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The new version of the Amp Pro for Chrysler also works for non-amplified systems. 5 star car stereo has a good video on YouTube of them installing one in a Ram

1 - 5 of 5 Posts