DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Lol.

Nice job on the sails, Gregers, I really like the unique shape.
Have you had any issues with the Pioneer modular screen? I know they had some issues with some of them and sort of pulled them back to repair/update them.

Jay
The shape of the sail pods are interesting. Instead of just rounding the bottom of the pods I threw in some sharp lines and angles because I wanted to bring some of the lines from the door panels and dash to it.

With Pioneer unit I initially had all sorts of random issues with it, including screen flicker but I figured out it was because of a poor ground. After I ran the ground wire back to the common distribution block all of the problems went away and it has been working great ever since. By the way I tested it with a DD-1 and there is zero distortion up to max volume, as should be expected. The HU / amps are extremely quiet with barely any noise floor. I need to put my ear close to a speaker to hear it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
awesome build! I didnt know those headunits exsisted !

·
Registered
49 Posts
How’s the Mmats amps working out? I’ve heard good reviews on them but not too many people run them. Install looks like it should sound amazing!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Updates? I just got a 2019 Edge ST not going to go this far, but looks great!
I don't have any updates. I took a break from audio to work on my Master's degree so I haven't done much of anything with the system since my last post. I still want to finish the bezel around the HU but otherwise I am happy with everything. I haven't needed to hook up my computer to tune anything in months. It sounds pretty awesome at low volume or loud.
Congrats on the ST. I love mine.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
awesome build! I didnt know those headunits exsisted !
I picked up the HU as soon as it was available. It has been working pretty well so far, other than on occasion I need to toggle the rocker switch under the dash to get it to turn on. It may be the switch or wiring. One of these days I'll look into it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How’s the Mmats amps working out? I’ve heard good reviews on them but not too many people run them. Install looks like it should sound amazing!
The Mmats have been treating me good. No complaints at all. In fact I don't even think about them, they just do their thing, which is what I want out of an amp. The system does sound like one would expect for the equipment and install. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is that pic with the what looks like a vacuum where you ran your power wire? If so was there a grommet there or did you drill out a hole?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I believe that grommet was already there, but do not hold me to it because I did install a few myself and don't remember if that was one of them. It's pretty easy to add one if you need to. It is a hollow cavity behind that wall and easy to get the wires to it.
Do you have any plans to go aftermarket on the performance? I just picked up some H&R springs, which I will be installing when the weather warms up here, and will be doing the Livernois tune soon. Their 93 octane performance tune is good for about 400hp and 440 tq @3k rpm on pump gas. Should be a lot of fun!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nothing on performance just yet, but I am going to do audio starting with just adding a sub and amp, ill eventually move to adding better mids and highs and an amp for them.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I have the LMS tuner on the way, supposedly the guys at Livernois have done more tweaking and the latest version has even more power!
Do you know what sub / amp combo your doing? There's quite a bit of room under the rear floor once you pull the dividers out. I got a solid 1 cubic ft per sub with my enclosure. Also, in case you didn't know the stock battery in the ST is an AGM with a good charging system. I haven't found any reason to upgrade it yet.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts