DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ahh I do remember.. I’m not sure why I thought you were still using the factory head unit. I miss the bad old days where you could splice 11-12 wires together and boom, tunes!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I checked with the folks at Nav-TV again, it's been about a year, and although they still don't have it listed on their site, they said that their Zen audio device works good with the 2019+ Edge. I ordered one and will have it in a day or two. If i have the time I will install it by next weekend.

·
Registered
139 Posts
As soon as I force myself to set aside some time I am going to try to find a power wire location in the firewall and thats all thats keeping me from starting, I am going to use a AC LC2-I with the factory subwires as input. I have an Incriminator IA20.1 from my previous car just not sure I need/want that much power. Still not sure on what I am doing with subs, thought about doing 4 6.5" subs under the rear cover and making a new cover.

Heres a picture of the new wheels and tires I got recently.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like the wheels! Yeah the power run has been my biggest issue- it's tough to find a spot but gregerst22 had some good ideas about checking behind the battery. I'm putting in a Hifonics Brutus BRX3016.1D mated to a SKAR EVL-15 in a ported box that I had in my BMW. I'm a bit concerned about the stock electrical system but a new alternator isn't really in the cards right now- one step at a time. I'm hoping the fact that the entire space is open unlike when it was in my trunk will make it perform even better!

This is a somewhat messy mock up of where the amp and Epicenter will go. I don't have the amp sitting on the mounting screws and standoffs here but that should allow some airflow around all the gear. 4x 120mm fans totaling about 500CFM should help keep things cool in there!

Send pics when you get it all put in!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I don't think you will have any problem running that amp off of the stock system. The alternator and AGM battery in the ST is pretty good.
I think I would consider putting the fan next to the amp, so that it is blowing air toward the back seat. There seems to be a lot of empty space back in that area for heat to dissipate. Having the fan next to the amp would be more efficient and you may only need one. Just a thought.

I like the wheels! Yeah the power run has been my biggest issue- it's tough to find a spot but gregerst22 had some good ideas about checking behind the battery. I'm putting in a Hifonics Brutus BRX3016.1D mated to a SKAR EVL-15 in a ported box that I had in my BMW. I'm a bit concerned about the stock electrical system but a new alternator isn't really in the cards right now- one step at a time. I'm hoping the fact that the entire space is open unlike when it was in my trunk will make it perform even better!

This is a somewhat messy mock up of where the amp and Epicenter will go. I don't have the amp sitting on the mounting screws and standoffs here but that should allow some airflow around all the gear. 4x 120mm fans totaling about 500CFM should help keep things cool in there! View attachment 264308

Send pics when you get it all put in!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't think you will have any problem running that amp off of the stock system. The alternator and AGM battery in the ST is pretty good.
I think I would consider putting the fan next to the amp, so that it is blowing air toward the back seat. There seems to be a lot of empty space back in that area for heat to dissipate. Having the fan next to the amp would be more efficient and you may only need one. Just a thought.
gregerst22 - thanks for the info. I plan on putting a thermistor on the amp and measuring the temp during daily use. I just need to find a cheap one that I can wire up to the driver area so I can see it.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts