DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

201 - 220 of 442 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
To me, this particular build log is unique because it illustrates what can can happen when a professional shop works together with a true car audio expert in order to create something extraordinary. Granted, it isn't playing yet but I think we're all pretty confident that it will be sounding very good in the near future, and that's what matters.

I will say that I noticed the gray ground wire the other day and thought it was cool that it matched the car. Aesthetically, I think it would have been a nice touch if the red wire was purple instead but then again the dash is what everybody will really be gawking at. Regardless, it still looks fantastic so far.

·
Registered
17,884 Posts
To me, this particular build log is unique because it illustrates what can can happen when a professional shop works together with a true car audio expert in order to create something extraordinary. Granted, it isn't playing yet but I think we're all pretty confident that it will be sounding very good in the near future, and that's what matters.

I will say that I noticed the gray ground wire the other day and thought it was cool that it matched the car. Aesthetically, I think it would have been a nice touch if the red wire was purple instead but then again the dash is what everybody will really be gawking at. Regardless, it still looks fantastic so far.
The guy who owns the shop and did the build is a true car audio expert...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,750 Posts

The guy who owns the shop and did the build is a true car audio expert...

I always find it amusing when people don't know who Steve Cook is
.....even better the people who don't know the things he did in SPL before he decided to give the sq thing a go.....
It's like the people who think Post Malone is going to give Ozzy a career

·
18,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #207

I appreciate the sentiment. Even though you should be pushed off the flat-earth for not knowing Steve is *the* man! ;) :p

As for the wire not matching ... *shrugs*. I'd have been happy with any color wire, tbh. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. :)

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I think respectful people know to stfu and enjoy unless they have something constructive to say. I've followed every post in this thread and have adhered to that (with the exception of this post). Erin, your build is coming along great and many people are enjoying it.

Don't let salty fools drag you down.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I think this build is fucking awesome and can't wait to see and hear the finished product!!! I won't lie, I am bit jealous.

Except I know Erin will still change something even though he says he won't by the time I get to hear it.

Edit: who the fuck is Post Malone and what did he do to OZZY????

·
Registered
17,884 Posts
I think this build is fucking awesome and can't wait to see and hear the finished product!!! I won't lie, I am bit jealous.

Except I know Erin will still change something even though he says he won't by the time I get to hear it.

Edit: who the fuck is Post Malone and what did he do to OZZY????
Post malone is the guy that discovered ozzy.........

·
Registered
620 Posts

I swear, based on this thread alone there seems to be four negative replies for every single positive one. Buncha old dang hens... *cluck cluck cluck*... Everyone needs to settle down. Don't make me pull this car over! :p

I for one am happy for you. You got a vehicle that meets your needs and is easy to work on the stereo in comparison to other cars. You are having your dream setup installed. I’ve always said car audio is a ratio of time and money. With your family, time is too precious. Your kids will only be those ages once and you should enjoy them while you can. Don’t pay attention to the negativity, they are not looking at the big picture. Keep posting the updates for those of us that understand.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
I for one am happy for you. You got a vehicle that meets your needs and is easy to work on the stereo in comparison to other cars. You are having your dream setup installed. I’ve always said car audio is a ratio of time and money. With your family, time is too precious. Your kids will only be those ages once and you should enjoy them while you can. Don’t pay attention to the negativity, they are not looking at the big picture. Keep posting the updates for those of us that understand.
Well said. I swore I wouldn't post in this thread again because I feel responsible for some of the negativity others are posting. I really do understand why Steve is doing this even though some probably still think I don't. That car is gonna be sweet and VERY low profile where the eyes can see. Money well spent in my opinion with family time being so precious. I know Erin will have a badass tune on it in short order. Those purple amps do fit his personality:pLively and unique as they come.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Loving the stealth approach Erin! Really hope I get the privilege of hearing this sometime when you're in Huntsville!

·
18,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Some more updates...

Looks like the trunk is closer to completion. Still need to build the raised floor and sub box. But it’s looking awesome to me. The extra battery was Steve’s suggestion but I thought it would be nice so was on board.

The minidsp controller mount was a nice surprise. I told Steve when I dropped the car off to just put it in the glovebox and that would be fine. I also asked if he could find a way to integrate a little mini voltage display I bought years ago. So when he sent the pic of both of them mounted to the console piece I was pleasantly surprised.

And the sails are coming along nicely.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Love me some carbon fiber ! Those amps just glow ! To bad they be covered up. Or is there plexi some where on floor to see them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Forget all the negative posts. I have been drooling all over, just looking at the E-430 dash. My favorite mids in stealth mode.

201 - 220 of 442 Posts