DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to do some upgrades to the speakers and install an extra Subwoofer and amp. I have some pictures to show the gravity of the situation.
I’m going with Infinity Kapa for the speakers to maintain the Harman brand.
However the subwoofer is a dual voice coil 12” TC Sounds Titainium sub with a JL HD750/1 amp.
It will take a little while to get the rest of the gear in so, this will be continued.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here’s the JL HD750/1 amp & the Infinity Kappa 20MX mids I already have.
I just ordered the matching Kappa 60CSX component set and since there’s apparently no Kappa 3 1/2” drivers I could find. I ordered the REF 3032cfx for the dash. I also ordered a NVX SDDK12 2.3mm thick 4 door sound dampening pack & a 3/4” thick sub enclosure that I will heavily reinforce.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Infinity Kappa Perfect 300m would handle more power...I would consider the Morel CCWR254 also...either would give a good sound from the corner position..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Infinity Kappa Perfect 300m would handle more power...I would consider the Morel CCWR254 also...either would give a good sound from the corner position..
I was considering the 300m however, It’s a midrange and there are no component tweeter locations in the front. They are depending on the dash speakers to reproduce the high end which is a stretch to say the least.
A coaxial seemed to be the best choice imo to get better response up front and they will stay on the factory amp as well as the existing rear factory component drivers. There are rarely any back seat passengers anyway.
I have to be minimally invasive because it’s a 36 month lease with buyout option. The lease with a $27,000 cash buyout was actually less expensive than buying it outright and it gives me options if I’m not happy with the vehicle.
I’m going to have to be creative on surface mounting the closed back Kappa 20mx and Kappa HF drivers. I have successfully used Velcro before to mount add on drivers but, I will try to attach brackets if I can find a spot to anchor them without drilling anything. I plan to use my little Pioneer PRS-D800
(125w rms x2) to drive the Kappa component set.
Hopefully I can find a harness to integrate the amps, if not I’ll use quick connects and do a clean splice. I had a substantial credit on my account with a certain car audio dealer so my brand choices were somewhat limited.
My budget is limited to a happy wife scenario :)
It’s going to take some homework.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts