DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

481 - 500 of 538 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
General Shots

I loved Eric's new S5! I wanted to drive it sooooo badly! I'm looking forward to getting a demo! Man, I hope your back situation improves!

John enjoying the bug.....another one that I'd love to drive!

Really cool to have Klifton Keplinger and Tom Meyers stop by!

It wouldn't be an NCSQ Meet in the Spring without a little rain.......(see what I did there Erin......I didn't say the NCSQ Spring Meet.....which may an NCSQ Fall Meet ;))

Not sure what Triple B is doing there in his Jack's RED RUM shirt.....

I enjoyed mixing in some home audio demos - especially a little bit of vinyl during the meet.

If you notice some similarity between this sub box and the inside of the C10 - there is a great reason for that. Jason, out of compassion, took a simple box I had.....that the BM mkIV sub wouldn't fit into (needed to expand the opening a little for the frame)......added my Dayton plate amp, and then built around it to produce an aesthetically stunning sub box with many of the same materials and design cues of the truck. I love the sound of this sub system and it really looks stunning in my listening room.

One of the biggest thrills for me......I have been in touch with Jason for the last couple months preparing for the potential of his appearance and the appearance of his Dad's truck.

Ok - I'm going to wrap this up :)

Some of the highlights for me from this meet:

- The call I had with Erin and the discussions I had with Steve as I was dealing with the cancellation from the park - my Bros offering wisdom!

- Vicki! First - when I called her about the cancellation - she switched directly into problem solving mode - 'what can I do to help!' (Blessing! A Godly Wife). And then all of the cooking and shopping and helping make folks feel welcome and comfortable (especially the conversations she had with many of you) - You are the BEST!

- Fellas like Steve and John stepping up to get the parking to work out to the greatest advantage.

- Fellas arriving when they did on Saturday morning so there wouldn't be any issues (Bill/Greggers at 0730 :eek:, Nick/Josh at 0830).

- My ride out to the lake to make sure there weren't any NCSQ'rs hanging around - I'm so glad Kendal wanted to ride along - typically, these events are the only time in a year I get to see these guys, and it is so hectic that I don't have time to really talk to them - it was awesome that Kendal took advantage of this time, and it wasn't a 45 round trip just conversing with the voices in my head. Thanks Kendal! I'd much rather talk to you!

- My 'moment' with Bill in the FJ......now, explanations because it isn't what some of you are thinking (Hillbilly.....I'm looking at you.....).....a couple Hillsong United tracks.....goose bumps and hair standing on end are normal aspects of good demos.....tears typically aren't.......but wow - amazing few moments glorifying God!

- Unfortunately, I couldn't get Al to do the hair trick he was threatening to do in response to Erin's video........ :p

- Lastly - that hug from Jason Kable! So much emotion there - overcoming every hurdle to finally get to the meet and to get the truck to the meet (Please thank your Dad for that encouragement!). It was such a culmination of so many things my friend - As I'm at the Basics Conference 2019 this week......I remember getting that surprise phone call last May from you during Basics 2018......what a year it has been! You looked amazing, and your infectious kindness and enthusiasm was greatly welcomed by everyone present! Love you Bro!

So....I'll leave you with this......please come back next year.......you will hopefully have as much fun as Greggers did!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Man if I knew the c10 was there I would have drove up to see it. All I have seen is pictures of the truck and ever since its been finished I've wanted to see it in person. Looks like you'll had a great time and turn out.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
The worst thing about Greg's Truck is that P99. I really enjoyed hearing and judging it.

Thank you again for hosting Jason and Vicki. Always a pleasure to spend time with both of you. Sorry you missed a fun show to go to awful Ohio.

see you soon

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Finally arrived back home up North to catch up on this thread...

First off THANK YOU Jason/Vicki for hosting this, the good food, and hospitality. Everything about this meet was enjoyable. You two are a special duo for sure.

I didn't really ask for many demo's at last year's meet which I regretted. So this year I made it a point to demo as many vehicles as possible which I did. But with that came less time to chat or be around for people to ask demo's of my own vehicle.. Sorry bout that :blush:

So many great sounding vehicles - I enjoyed each one of them. Every vehicle that I heard at some point last year sounded better this year. And there was many vehicles that I had never heard before. They all impressed me in one way or another.

I have to bring up the demo music Jason & Clay provided me - Many emotional responses triggered listening to these tracks on the way home. Thank you both!

It was great meeting some new people:
Jason - With the Mad Max pickup truck - The fab work on that is just over-the-top mind blowing! Very nice meeting you.
Daniel (Chithead) and Alan (BigAl) - been chatting with you two over the years online - finally nice to meet you both in person.
Mic - I remember seeing you at other meets but never really had a chance to chat. Thanks for the insight on some of the issues I am wanting to correct in my system. And also thanks for waiting for me to finish that rack-o-ribs at the BBQ joint after the comp on Sunday.
I'm sure there are others that I've missed.

It was great to see you all and looking forward to seeing some of you again at SVR.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Ok - I'm going to wrap this up :)

Some of the highlights for me from this meet:

- Vicki! First - when I called her about the cancellation - she switched directly into problem solving mode - 'what can I do to help!' (Blessing! A Godly Wife). And then all of the cooking and shopping and helping make folks feel welcome and comfortable (especially the conversations she had with many of you) - You are the BEST!

We were talking about Gluten free cookies, and then gluten free bread. I had no idea Walmart had their own GF break. Will have to look for it up here. Most of the stuff we find for my girlfriend has a weird texture. Thanks, Vicki for the info!

- Unfortunately, I couldn't get Al to do the hair trick he was threatening to do in response to Erin's video........ :p

I don't think Al can do hair tricks. Or did he have a wig, too? lol 'Cause that would have been EPIC!
I had a great time as always. Jason and Vicki are always such gracious hosts. I didn't get to say bye, because Jason disappeared after they relocated Andy, the Audio Frog.

Also, Jason Kable...um, that M3 had a little more in it than I would have expected. Glad you kept it out of the ditch when you hit the main road. Good getting to talk to you in person!

I'd post pics, but apparently, I only took like 8, and 3 or 4 were of the Bug Convertible.

Also, it took 12 hrs to get down there, and only 11 to get home. Also, no rain or hail on the return trip.

Jay

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
The worst thing about Greg's Truck is that P99. I really enjoyed hearing and judging it.

Thank you again for hosting Jason and Vicki. Always a pleasure to spend time with both of you. Sorry you missed a fun show to go to awful Ohio.

see you soon
The show was cool, and even got over ahead of schedule! I've never seen that happen before. lol

Jay

·
1,959 Posts
JayinMI said:
I don't think Al can do hair tricks. Or did he have a wig, too? lol 'Cause that would have been EPIC!
Just for fun, I'm always giving Jason cringe-worthy moments. They were talking about hair tricks and I said I would like to hear a system that could produce one...but I would have to take my shirt off to do a hair trick :eek:

Keep that it mind while reading the last few posts :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Man, That was a lot of fun!!!

First, A great big thanks to Jason for hosting this meet and you and your wife for being such gracious hosts and inviting me into your lovely home, also Jason thanks for demoing your home system for me, very nice, especially those Focal cans...

Second, To all you guys, thank you for making me feel like one of the guys even though I'm kind of new here. To the guys that let me demo their systems, they are impressive every one and thanks for answering my questions. To the guys who demoed my truck, thanks for listening and the kind words. Nice to think I'm on the right track...

Third, To all the guys whose cars I did not get to listen to, I hope to get a demo next time we meet (especially that C10). Maybe I will have a demo worthy system by then...

Thanks again, Todd

·
Registered
451 Posts
Thanks Jason and V for providing us a place to get together and share our passion for audio! We ended up with great weather too and I really enjoyed seeing all you fellas again and chatting about all things audio! Thanks to Mic too for helping set up the Garner event so us folks that need points can pick some up while we are there for the weekend!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Awesome time as always- thanks so much to Jason and Vicki for all of the preparation and hard work put into making this such a great experience. Thank you for opening up your home to a bunch of sweaty car audio dudes.
Thanks to everyone for the demo's and sorry I didn't get around to hearing everyone's cars but I did manage to get in to quite a few thankfully.

I'll keep working on the Transit and will bring something improved next time.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #494
Awesome time as always- thanks so much to Jason and Vicki for all of the preparation and hard work put into making this such a great experience. Thank you for opening up your home to a bunch of sweaty car audio dudes.
Thanks to everyone for the demo's and sorry I didn't get around to hearing everyone's cars but I did manage to get in to quite a few thankfully.

I’ll thank everyone who has thanked V and I using Steve’s quote. We truly do this every year to serve you all. And we like sweaty car audio dudes.....even if they don’t do a hair trick during the meet.......

Many might look at Steve’s last sentence as either false modesty or with incredulity.........but I believe this will be true for Steve and a few others because of the plans they have for their systems.

The van sounded amazing my friend, and I forgot to mention in my monstrous post - two of the things I’ll remember forever from this meet:
1) doing that CrossFit WOD with Babs......getting proper smoked!

2) finishing up on Saturday night with a demo at half volume in the van (until I got fussed at via text by V). These are the good times we are storing away. I’m looking forward to more of these during this season and at the next NCSQ Meet......next Spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
625 Posts

I’m expecting 5.1 surround sound next. Nothing quite like being buzzed by a tie fighter while “The Empire Strikes Back” is playing.

To be honest, the fact that you are looking to improve the Transit even more is mind boggling to me. It truly is in a class all it’s own.

*whispers* Give the Paradigm Persona speakers a listen. Beryllium speakers.....all of them.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I'll echo what everyone else has said... Many thanks to Jason and Vicki, they always make this an enjoyable GTG! Also, nice recovery from the Park incident... seemed like it was always supposed to be at your house :rolleyes:

I sincerely wish my back would have held up better... mentally I was up for demos, just not physically :(

I'm glad everyone made it home safely and I look forward to seeing y'all soon!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey everyone. I didn't attend the meet on Friday or Saturday. I was at the competition on Sunday. There was very nice cars there and the sound and build quality was very impressive. I got a chance to listen to the FJ, Tundra, Ford CT, and Toyota Camry. I decided at the last moment to try my hand in the competition. Considering my car is completely stock with Audi's B&O system. I added a Image Dynamics ID MAX 10, AudioControl LOC, and Arc Audio 1100.1 amp. I actually placed. I was in shock. With my score sheets I know I would have to invest in a DSP to work with the Factory System to make adjustments. Overall I enjoyed my self and hopefully next year I will be able to attend the Friday and Saturday.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
I’m expecting 5.1 surround sound next. Nothing quite like being buzzed by a tie fighter while “The Empire Strikes Back” is playing.

To be honest, the fact that you are looking to improve the Transit even more is mind boggling to me. It truly is in a class all it’s own.

*whispers* Give the Paradigm Persona speakers a listen. Beryllium speakers.....all of them.
Even though we somewhat joked and agreed that he doesn't need it I bet we see his second wgti 15 inverted back there next time if for no other reason than to drive the point home that he ain't playing around:DAnd being able to pressurize a cabin with subsonic notes is fun:DUp front I don't think the little pimp sled should change at all but that decision is entirely up to Steve.

To Steve-again I appreciate you getting in my truck and helping me out. When Bill took a listen he asked if you've been in there yet. We discussed some of the problem areas that others had pointed out and I was in total agreement with them. He knew you would be the Yoda (yes he called you Yoda) for a tune that was in the ballpark but not quite there yet. It's easy to overlook things when you're the one listening to something daily and just get used to things that aren't quite right.

I do believe those cuts in the top end 5k and up Steve had me make addressed the lack of sparkle up top one listener mentioned. I also like the top end rolled off a wee bit more 15k and up than some but that's a personal preference type of thing.

I finally got a recovery sleep last night and today. Didn't really sleep well in the motel room. Missed my baby girl Claire greatly (4 month old puppy). Got 4 hours early Monday morning then went fishing with my best friend for the first time in over a year. Our schedules just clash too much for us to go together when neither one of us are on vacation. I was so tired the end of yesterday I made him shimmy his new truck and long tandem trailer out of a tight parking lot while I drove the big Champion with a 200hp on the trailer without side runners. Never even driven that big sled before but I stuck it perfect and said "I wish my boat loaded that easy", lol.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
I saw the scores from the Garner SQology MECA portion are posted so just sharing the link. You NCSQ guys did pretty good. ;)

https://mecaevents.com/results/2518
Thanks Erin, I meant to ask about that. I agree totally with the awards for the first category. And I believe the pimp sled is unstoppable.

481 - 500 of 538 Posts