DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
501 - 520 of 538 Posts
Hey everyone. I didn't attend the meet on Friday or Saturday. I was at the competition on Sunday. There was very nice cars there and the sound and build quality was very impressive. I got a chance to listen to the FJ, Tundra, Ford CT, and Toyota Camry. I decided at the last moment to try my hand in the competition. Considering my car is completely stock with Audi's B&O system. I added a Image Dynamics ID MAX 10, AudioControl LOC, and Arc Audio 1100.1 amp. I actually placed. I was in shock. With my score sheets I know I would have to invest in a DSP to work with the Factory System to make adjustments. Overall I enjoyed my self and hopefully next year I will be able to attend the Friday and Saturday.
Hi court... what year/model Audi do you own? I recently picked up a NavTV ZEN-V for my B9 S5 (https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT860/zen-v.html). It's not cheap, but it allows for either 12 RCA level or Optical into whatever DSP you decide to go with.

Hey everyone. I didn't attend the meet on Friday or Saturday. I was at the competition on Sunday. There was very nice cars there and the sound and build quality was very impressive. I got a chance to listen to the FJ, Tundra, Ford CT, and Toyota Camry. I decided at the last moment to try my hand in the competition. Considering my car is completely stock with Audi's B&O system. I added a Image Dynamics ID MAX 10, AudioControl LOC, and Arc Audio 1100.1 amp. I actually placed. I was in shock. With my score sheets I know I would have to invest in a DSP to work with the Factory System to make adjustments. Overall I enjoyed my self and hopefully next year I will be able to attend the Friday and Saturday.
Hey Courtland, was nice to meet you on Sunday - I was the guy with the Silver Camry. Definately check out the unit Mumbles mentioned above.

Court,

Which one were you bro? I was there most of the afternoon...
Which one were you?... I met a few new people that day but maybe I missed you

Hey Courtland, was nice to meet you on Sunday - I was the guy with the Silver Camry. Definately check out the unit Mumbles mentioned above.

Lost looking militant fellow in a white F150. Trying to wander around and mingle and make friends.

Court,

Which one were you bro? I was there most of the afternoon...
I was in the orange jack norman polo shirt with blue jeans. I was walking around a lot.

It was nice meeting you. Your camry was very nice. I liked the infinite baffle install. I think you told me it only has 150 watts going to the sub which is impressive.

My car was the grey audi s5

Hi court... what year/model Audi do you own? I recently picked up a NavTV ZEN-V for my B9 S5 (https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT860/zen-v.html). It's not cheap, but it allows for either 12 RCA level or Optical into whatever DSP you decide to go with.
I have a 2013 Audi S5. I will check it out. I am not sure what DSP to invest in. I have some plans for the Audi eventually. Replace the 3 way with aftermarket, DSP of course, add a 4channel. Just some basic ideas. I did hear the difference between a competition SQ car and one that just sounds good.

I have a 2013 Audi S5. I will check it out. I am not sure what DSP to invest in. I have some plans for the Audi eventually. Replace the 3 way with aftermarket, DSP of course, add a 4channel. Just some basic ideas. I did hear the difference between a competition SQ car and one that just sounds good.

You’ll get tons of suggestions here for sure I imagine. At the meet I’m sure you likely heard plenty of Helix processors and a PS8 at least one.

In talking to Kiser (Subterfuse) today, my new “next car” fav is now the new 5-door Vdub Arteon. So with that I’m sure it’d be a Nav TV integration piece for MOST150 connection and likely a Helix, PS8 or Zapco DSP once the new Zapcos are field-proven as good units. I wish now I had gotten a better looks at your S5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You’ll get tons of suggestions here for sure I imagine. At the meet I’m sure you likely heard plenty of Helix processors and a PS8 at least one.

In talking to Kiser (Subterfuse) today, my new “next car” fav is now the new 5-door Vdub Arteon. So with that I’m sure it’d be a Nav TV integration piece for MOST150 connection and likely a Helix, PS8 or Zapco DSP once the new Zapcos are field-proven as good units. I wish now I had gotten a better looks at your S5.

If you want reliable do not get a VW.

I had a good time meeting those that showed at High Output on Sunday. For a first time listening to award winning setups...it was awesome. Definitely know that my setups are headed in the right direction.
You have the Z06 (I don't think you had it there, tho), don't you? Just trying to put names with faces, and usually that happens through cars. lol

Jay

We just had Dan Greenwood (formerly of Soundscape in Texas) come up and do a DSP training for us with the new Alpine PXE-0850S. While it has some quirks, it's pretty feature packed for the money. IIRC, MSRP was $599, and street prices will be somewhat lower. Might be worth considering. I haven't installed one yet, so I can't attest to the SQ of it, but it has a ton of features.

Jay

You have the Z06 (I don't think you had it there, tho), don't you? Just trying to put names with faces, and usually that happens through cars. lol

Jay
Yessir, the ZO6 was in my garage on jack stands. Poopy part is I fixed it the very next day.

Another great time with my audio hombres.
Steve, your van is just astounding in what it does with a musical track. I could have sat and listened for hours!
Forrest, so much fun running through some new music with you AND discussing Streeet OUTlawzzzz.
Todd, I like what you have going on with your truck and the plans you have for the future.
Bill and Greggers it was fun talking and laughing with you guys! Always a blast.
All the other people that I barely got a chance to talk to I sure wish there were more hours in these days. From 10am until 6pm sure felt like about 20 minutes.

On to a few pictures I took:
My night before tradition, brownies

Me and Jeremy on the way there early Saturday morning

Forrest's patented new "Rearview mirror center channel" (TM)

Fantastic food provided by Jason and Vicki

And then on the way home (I had to drive) lol

Haha. Yep perfect! Was great to see ya again Sir and talk BBQ. Nothing like talking about BBQ while there’s a plate of chopped pork right in front of you. :)

You guys get to Asheville sometime and we’ll hit 12-Bones and I’ll put a serious rack of ribs in front of ya. :)

I agree Kendall! great fun talking and laughing! next time I need to get you in the FJ for a demo. You are so right about the time flying right by! I agree with Jason, the before and after pic really says it all! ?

501 - 520 of 538 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.