DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's that time of year again where we get together and demo each other's systems and help each other out with tips, tricks, and tuning. Even if you don't have an SQ system and just want to listen come on down, all are welcome.

This year's SPRING meet will be SUNDAY APRIL 28 in Mashpee, MA on Cape just about 10 Minutes from Either bridge. Mike A graciously offered his place for our GTG.

I figure we will shoot for after Lunch around 1:00 P.M.

Private Message me for the address.

Please copy add your name if you are planning on attending. Let's make this one a good turn out.

1. High-Resolution Audio ( Gerald ) with the "Immersion Tank" aka Bread Truck.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's that time of year again where we get together and demo each other's systems and help each other out with tips, tricks, and tuning. Even if you don't have an SQ system and just want to listen come on down, all are welcome.

This year's SPRING meet will be SUNDAY APRIL 28 in Mashpee, MA on Cape just about 10 Minutes from Either bridge. Mike A graciously offered his place for our GTG.

I figure we will shoot for after Lunch around 1:00 P.M.

Private Message me for the address.

Please copy add your name if you are planning on attending. Let's make this one a good turn out.

1. High-Resolution Audio ( Gerald ) with the "Immersion Tank" aka Bread Truck.
2. Mike A Subaru WRX, Host

3. Josh ( Porkcereal )

4. Mike ( Ziggyrama )

5. Chris + Friends?

6. Aaron

7. Charlie?

8. Kevin ( Mullings )

9. Gabriel

10. Angelo

There may be more, but here is the tentative list so far.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Being the weekend before the NCSQ meet might be effecting attendance some.
Most people in the NorthEast are into SPL. It's very hard to find SQ up here. There are no SQ competitions in all of the New England states.
The closest SQ event is 9 hours drive for me.

So we have a small community that seems to be growing a little each year.

A few years ago it was just 2-4 guys getting together. So to have 10-12 show up is a pretty decent turnout.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1. Gerald (High-Resolution Audio)

3. Josh ( Porkcereal )

4. Mike ( Ziggyrama )

5. Chris + Friends?

6. Aaron

7. Charlie?

8. Kevin ( Mullings )

9. Gabriel

10. Angelo

11. Reid ( Reid 1980 )

12. John ( V8Toilet)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Weather almost nice enough to put in some work. Got to get my 3.5s in and hopefully a spacer for my tweeters so they look better.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Weather almost nice enough to put in some work. Got to get my 3.5s in and hopefully a spacer for my tweeters so they look better.
Do you have enough processing power for a three-way front?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

3. Josh ( Porkcereal )

4. Mike ( Ziggyrama )

5. Chris + Friends?

6. Aaron

7. Charlie?

8. Kevin ( Mullings )

9. Gabriel

10. Angelo

11. Reid ( Reid 1980 )

12. John ( V8Toilet)

13. Justin

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

3. Josh ( Porkcereal )

4. Mike ( Ziggyrama )

5. Chris + Friends?

6. Aaron

7. Charlie?

8. Kevin ( Mullings )

9. Gabriel

10. Angelo

11. Reid ( Reid 1980 )

12. John ( V8Toilet)

13. Justin

14. Derick (maybe )

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Time to start a discussion here and maybe get some more interest in this. Curious what everyone is bringing? What should one expect at one of these meets (never been to one before)? If I bring a power supply, is there a place to plug it in? I have extra power supplies if anyone needs to borrow one for tuning/listening and I have extension cords too.

Thanks, John

·
Registered
855 Posts
Normally the host has a power point if needed. Only one or 2 use them anyhow. Mainly gerald since he's got I've big beast and it's noisy.
Someone normally brings coffee and doughnuts maybe waters. Pretty low key.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I definitely do not have a loud setup but the amplifiers do run the battery down rather quickly if I don't put a power supply on it so I will be bringing one. Wish I could bring the truck but will be bringing the Mazda CX5.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Nice, id like to hear the AF gear
You can Josh, that is what this is all about, I think. I'm hoping I can learn something and get to listen to some equipment also since all I ever have had the opportunity to listen to is my own, a few from work, and a Dynaudio system from Sound in Motion in Boston. I work across the street from them in Alston. I'm actually curious about Stereo Integrity gear. I'm hoping I can get some pointers on tuning as well.

Now I need to get to the tuning on my CX5 so it sounds better before the meet. I'd like to get the GB15 more on axis in the A pillars too just like in my truck; if only I could just find the time. Also need to finish the sealed box for the subwoofer, although the ported configuration does sound good.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can Josh, that is what this is all about, I think. I'm hoping I can learn something and get to listen to some equipment also since all I ever have had the opportunity to listen to is my own, a few from work, and a Dynaudio system from Sound in Motion in Boston. I work across the street from them in Alston. I'm actually curious about Stereo Integrity gear. I'm hoping I can get some pointers on tuning as well.

Now I need to get to the tuning on my CX5 so it sounds better before the meet. I'd like to get the GB15 more on axis in the A pillars too just like in my truck; if only I could just find the time. Also need to finish the sealed box for the subwoofer, although the ported configuration does sound good.
I've been teaching myself to tune over the last couple years. I'll share with you what I've learned up to this point. I'm looking forward to our GTG in 20 days!!!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I've been teaching myself to tune over the last couple years. I'll share with you what I've learned up to this point. I'm looking forward to our GTG in 20 days!!!
Awesome! I’m open to any advice I can get and also looking forward to like minded people as well. I haven’t had the time and probably not going to have the time to do anything before the meet, but that’s ok by me. I had intentions of upgrading the amplifiers and sub box but just won’t have the time before then. Honestly, I was running errands with the car Sunday and it sounds pretty damn good as it is.

Thanks again for sending me the invite.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Damn, time is running out and I’m still driving without even a dashboard in the car, I’ve never seen anyone walk pass the car without a double take lol, it looks super scary but starting tomorrow evening after work I’ll put some work in and break the cycle of putting the dash in at every show and getting judged with almost always a unfinished tune.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts