DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Damn, time is running out and I’m still driving without even a dashboard in the car, I’ve never seen anyone walk pass the car without a double take lol, it looks super scary but starting tomorrow evening after work I’ll put some work in and break the cycle of putting the dash in at every show and getting judged with almost always a unfinished tune.
Tell Nick he’s gotta help you out so you can get that thing put together. ;)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
It’ll be ready or at least be at the point where I can demo it, I’ve just been slacking but I’ll get to it.
Hey Mullins,

Looking forward to seeing and hopefully hearing your car. I was wondering if you could convince Nick to let you bring some samples of his new CLD product with you to the meet? No big deal if you can’t, just see an opportunity to get a sneak peak for everyone who’s attending.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
18,245 Posts
I’ll talk to him about the cld and I’m pushing to have the car ready for the gtg.
hes lyin, he aint ask me shit yet :p

i only have 8 pieces of the CLD Squares which is the main product so i'll let him bring one or two since i'll be needing to save some for other testing. The CLD Rectangles he can bring a few of as well.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Lol, I figured he would see it and respond or just give me the samples, anyways everything is looking good so far, still don’t have the dash in yet like every other time but it’ll be ready by then. Whatever you guys want me to bring food or beverage wise let me know so I can get everything together cuz I’m driving up from Saturday morning.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I'm hoping I can get with someone who has a newer Helix DSP as I'm interested in its capabilities vs what I already have.

·
Registered
18,245 Posts
Lol, I figured he would see it and respond or just give me the samples, anyways everything is looking good so far, still don’t have the dash in yet like every other time but it’ll be ready by then. Whatever you guys want me to bring food or beverage wise let me know so I can get everything together cuz I’m driving up from Saturday morning.
bring them some ox tail and green teas

I'm hoping I can get with someone who has a newer Helix DSP as I'm interested in its capabilities vs what I already have.
are you talking about the mini/dsp.3/up7? or will a dsp pro mk2 suffice?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
are you talking about the mini/dsp.3/up7? or will a dsp pro mk2 suffice?
I don't know much about either DSP so I'm not sure, just more curious and want to learn more. Not even sure if they offer anything over a JL twk 88 in terms of possible sonic improvement due to something being better or having more tuning ability.

·
Registered
18,245 Posts
I don't know much about either DSP so I'm not sure, just more curious and want to learn more. Not even sure if they offer anything over a JL twk 88 in terms of possible sonic improvement due to something being better or having more tuning ability.
Download the software and you will see for yourself. Just a heads up, there's so many nooks and crannies and little tricks that this software features that you won't see the whole picture with a quick look over. I'm 3 or 4 years in with these and feel like I'm finally fully aware of everything it can do.

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/dsp-pc-tool/dsp-pc-tool-version-4/

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Thanks Nick, I'm actually playing with it now when I should be working ;). The two things I see different right off the bat that stands out from the JL software is the adjustable phase, which with the JL is either in phase or 180 out and the 30 band graphic EQ vs the JL 10 band parametric EQ that is fully adjustable. The Helix software has adjustable Q and some frequency targeting also to what seems like around 200 Hz for each band. I've only been playing with the software for 5 minutes so I may be way off here.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Can you bring Paper Plates, napkins? That would be cool.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
How’s it looking for Sunday, everybody’s still in?
They forecast Sun all morning long and showers in the afternoon as of right now. I'll speak with Mike and see if we need to move the time to earlier in the morning or postpone.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts