DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I have to check with my wife when she gets back as she has an obligation from 9:00-10:00 ish so I will come but might be more like 12:00 for me.

I’ve been in my garage this morning demoing the system with my SA12 because I put it up for sale. Having second thoughts now because holly shit it absolutely out slams my GB12, no contest there. I think my 4 channel is running out of steam too so I’ll be looking for some help/input from you more experienced guys on that front.

Also, does anyone need to borrow a power supply so they don’t have to run their car during play? They are Cascade APS 55 power supplies; very high quality power supplies.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I have to check with my wife when she gets back as she has an obligation from 9:00-10:00 ish so I will come but might be more like 12:00 for me.

I’ve been in my garage this morning demoing the system with my SA12 because I put it up for sale. Having second thoughts now because holly shit it absolutely out slams my GB12, no contest there. I think my 4 channel is running out of steam too so I’ll be looking for some help/input from you more experienced guys on that front.

Also, does anyone need to borrow a power supply so they don’t have to run their car during play? They are Cascade APS 55 power supplies; very high quality power supplies.

Thanks,

John
Awesome! You make a total of 8 Confirmed. Power supplies are a great idea. i have to use one because of my stinky diesel. But I have one built in. With regards to your 4 channel are you looking for old school or new?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Psu is a great idea. Im going to try and get mine to work with my Ford battery saver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Awesome! You make a total of 8 Confirmed. Power supplies are a great idea. i have to use one because of my stinky diesel. But I have one built in. With regards to your 4 channel are you looking for old school or new?
I have more amplifiers but if I go up in power than I have to build a rack and redo most of the wiring to put the amps in the back. The current 4 channel is a Pioneer PRS 4200 Class D with ICE power good for 75 wpc so 75 watts is going to each midbass. The PRS does have a robust power supply and it fits nicely under my seat so that is why I have kept it so far. Could bridge it and use a 2 channel I have for the tweeters or I could use a RF Power 600.4 I have and hope it’s enough power. I’ll leave it up to you guys to help me out with some ideas there.

Psu is a great idea. Im going to try and get mine to work with my Ford battery saver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I’ll bring at least one extra power supply with some cords just in case. Just one runs my system rock solid at 13.5 volts with music up at 75% power and voltage doesn’t drop below 13.4 volts. They need a dedicated 15 amp circuit for one or dedicated 20 amp circuit for two and they won’t over charge your battery in standstill mode either.

Also looking forward to seeing a sample of ResoNix from Mulling's. I have some left over SDS to compare. I think I need some more resonance control and after reading about his CCF decoupler, I think I may seriously consider that too.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I have more amplifiers but if I go up in power than I have to build a rack and redo most of the wiring to put the amps in the back. The current 4 channel is a Pioneer PRS 4200 Class D with ICE power good for 75 wpc so 75 watts is going to each midbass. The PRS does have a robust power supply and it fits nicely under my seat so that is why I have kept it so far. Could bridge it and use a 2 channel I have for the tweeters or I could use a RF Power 600.4 I have and hope it’s enough power. I’ll leave it up to you guys to help me out with some ideas there.

I’ll bring at least one extra power supply with some cords just in case. Just one runs my system rock solid at 13.5 volts with music up at 75% power and voltage doesn’t drop below 13.4 volts. They need a dedicated 15 amp circuit for one or dedicated 20 amp circuit for two and they won’t over charge your battery in standstill mode either.

Also looking forward to seeing a sample of ResoNix from Mulling's. I have some left over SDS to compare. I think I need some more resonance control and after reading about his CCF decoupler, I think I may seriously consider that too.
I used two layers of Noico vibration dampener and luxury liner pro over the top on the floor and firewall of my Van. Very expensive and very heavy. In my case, the room got quieter, but there were not a lot of vibrating rattles like in today's cars.

A friend of mine but a couple Focal 12's in the Back of his Infinity Q50 and has had to take apart everything and apply foam tape on almost everything. A constant battle of chasing down vibration.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I hope you guys have a wonderful time! If anyone happens to take a photo or two, it would be great to see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks, Jason for the kind wishes and for reminding to take and post photos!

I wish you the same for your event next weekend!!!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
It was a great event despite the afternoon showers. We had a total of 12 vehicles turn up. Thanks to Mike for hosting and cooking, and for Kevin, making Ian making the long journeys. Thanks everyone else for attending.

Attachments

41 - 54 of 54 Posts