DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys im in need of some guidence, i recently purchased a 2020 f350 lariat. it has the B&O Not so premium sound.

anyways i have a couple of vxi amplifiers that ive been acquiring here and there. 2 1000/5 and 1 1000/1

i would like to run a 3way c7 active setup up front and for the rear doors i have a set of c5 coaxials

i also have 2 12 tw3 that i plan on running under the rear seat.

my dilema is would it be possible to run one 1000/5 vxi for the drivers side and another for the passenger side?

so the front3way active would use up 3 of the channels and the rear coaxial would take up the 4th channel and the tw3 the subwoofer channel therefore using up all 5 channels.

i know ideally it would be best to use the 800/8 for this setup but im trying to get by with what i have.

what would you guys recomend?
attached is a screenshot of what i think the setup would look like on tun

again thanks for the help

·
Registered
67 Posts
The beauty of the VXI is that it’s totally flexible. You can certainly run it that way. The hub network JL has might make it easier to tune and tweak together.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The beauty of the VXI is that it’s totally flexible. You can certainly run it that way. The hub network JL has might make it easier to tune and tweak together.
would you go that route with the equipment i have?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes. I actually considered a similar setup, but I’m cheap and always trying to use the stuff I already own.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. I actually considered a similar setup, but I’m cheap and always trying to use the stuff I already own.
should i run the subs from the 1000/5 subwoofer channel? or just use the 1000/1 for the subs? could i run the the c7 subwoofer from the 5th subwoofer on the 1000/5?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Another option would be to run the mid bass c7 on the sub channel but you’d need to have all the cross overs set within the sub frequency range and the gain way low. Then use your big amp for the subs.

·
Registered
67 Posts
should i run the subs from the 1000/5 subwoofer channel? or just use the 1000/1 for the subs? could i run the the c7 subwoofer from the 5th subwoofer on the 1000/5?
We were crossed in our messages. You can totally do that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another option would be to run the mid bass c7 on the sub channel but you’d need to have all the cross overs set within the sub frequency range and the gain way low. Then use your big amp for the subs.
thanks for taking the time to reply man.

is the way i routed everything in tun on the first post the correct way to do it

·
Registered
67 Posts
thanks for taking the time to reply man.

is the way i routed everything in tun on the first post the correct way to do it
It’s hard to read on my phone, but it looks right. The routing is more important based on what physical speaker is on the other end and the signal coming in to it if it’s not full range. Only you know that based on what you hook up.

Reactions: Fu3l3r

·
Registered
14 Posts
hello guys im in need of some guidence, i recently purchased a 2020 f350 lariat. it has the B&O Not so premium sound.

anyways i have a couple of vxi amplifiers that ive been acquiring here and there. 2 1000/5 and 1 1000/1

i would like to run a 3way c7 active setup up front and for the rear doors i have a set of c5 coaxials

i also have 2 12 tw3 that i plan on running under the rear seat.

my dilema is would it be possible to run one 1000/5 vxi for the drivers side and another for the passenger side?

so the front3way active would use up 3 of the channels and the rear coaxial would take up the 4th channel and the tw3 the subwoofer
therefore using up all 5 channels.

i know ideally it would be best to use the 800/8 for this setup but im trying to get by with what i have.

what would you guys recomend?
attached is a screenshot of what i think the setup would look like on tun View attachment 272077
again thanks for the help

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 2 vx1000/5's powering my 3way front but everythings bridged per side 1&2 tweets 3&4 mids and sub channel for 8" midbass in the doors, same on both sides. Seperate amp for subs & serperate amp for rear fill in a f350 as well

1 - 16 of 16 Posts