DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys starting a new small SQ audio build on my new 2020 SRT Hellcat Redeye. The car’s engine performance wise is amazing with it’s 797hp. The part of the vehicle lacking, is the audio system. Since I Was happy with my setup in my Challenger RT setup, decided to use most of that equipment in this build.

Source - OEM 8.4” UConnect system
Interface Pac AP4 CH41 TOSLINK optical output
Processing/power - Helix P SIX MKII DSP 6ch Amplifier
Processor controller- Helix Director
Wide-band Drivers - Audible Physics NZ3 wideband (location dash)
Midbass Drivers - HAT Unity U69 2ohm version midbass (Location doors)
Sub(s) - Audiomobile EVO 10 (location sealed enclosure trunk)
Power layout (6channels)
120w @ 4ohms to NZ3 Drivers each side.
230w @ 2ohms to U69 Drivers each side.
230w x 2 @ 2 ohms to Two Audiomobile Evo 10D4

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
great car! Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Have you ever owned one? Didn’t think so. They’re great cars...

·
Registered
510 Posts
it's a dream car! No less than a motoric icon.

waiting to see the digital interface and how it was implemented and would like your opinion about working this amp at 2 ohm on two woofers and two subs.

·
Registered
581 Posts
NASTY ride!!!!!

Reactions: moparman79

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Nice on both accounts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: moparman79

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Bad to the bone.........

Ge0

·
Registered
44 Posts
I rented a Hemi challenger a few weeks ago and I was shocked at how comfortable and fun they are to drive...can't even imagine the power and explosiveness of the Hellcat! Whoa! I have a 425 hp Mercury Marauder (Supercharged) and I feel like it's a lot of car for me...700+hp is another level altogether!

·
Registered
87 Posts
700+ HP makes you pay attention. You better make sure your front tires are pointed straight before you plant your right foot to the floor...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's a dream car! No less than a motoric icon.

waiting to see the digital interface and how it was implemented and would like your opinion about working this amp at 2 ohm on two woofers and two subs.
Yeah it is for sure, I was trying to hold off til next year. But I was like what the heck I’m going to do it now. So everything with the buying processed worked out well. Only other option in the 2021 lineup is the Super stock which is drag racing focused. Which I wanted all- round GT driving experience with the redeye vs Super Stock(demon w/o racing fuel option). With strict emissions coming in 2023 these will be the last great big displacement motor cars.

I figured one digital connection from the source to the Dsp/amp will provide better sound and zero
noise Interference. I’ve had this amp wired in my last install @ 2ohms on the U69 in the doors and ch C-D and 2ohm E-F to each subwoofer. 230w was enough for each sub. I think I will add the P Two amp later which would give double the power. I had zero issues hooked up this way.

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
It is a beauty!!! Congrats with the purchase!

You have a good plan with the audio it appears, and you have some pieces you are familiar with - big positives.

I’ll be picking up a buddy’s car with him in a couple weeks that will have the NZAlBe widebands mounted in the pillars - so I’m looking forward to his tuning using 3 way and 2 way with those drivers.

Good luck with the install - I’m anxious to see what you do. Hey Eddie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I rented a Hemi challenger a few weeks ago and I was shocked at how comfortable and fun they are to drive...can't even imagine the power and explosiveness of the Hellcat! Whoa! I have a 425 hp Mercury Marauder (Supercharged) and I feel like it's a lot of car for me...700+hp is another level altogether!
Yeah they are sweet cars in all the trims when it comes to comfort and performance. The Scat pack are the sweet spot trim that give you 500hp usable on the street. Stepping up to the hellcats are ridiculous amount of power that will satisfy most. The widebody version allows a little more grip with the 305 tires. But you can get larger tires on the narrow body to remedy traction issues. With 700+ Rear hp Your going to have traction issues at times. That whats fun and keep you honest at the same time.

Reactions: peace2peep

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
700+ HP makes you pay attention. You better make sure your front tires are pointed straight before you plant your right foot to the floor...
😆 I know that’s right!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
It is a beauty!!! Congrats with the purchase!

You have a good plan with the audio it appears, and you have some pieces you are familiar with - big positives.

I’ll be picking up a buddy’s car with him in a couple weeks that will have the NZAlBe widebands mounted in the pillars - so I’m looking forward to his tuning using 3 way and 2 way with those drivers.

Good luck with the install - I’m anxious to see what you do. Hey Eddie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks man! yes I’m very happy with it! It came down to a new redeye or a used Audi R8 v10 pre 2015 model. For the money, performance and comfort I feel I made the right choice. I didn’t want to inherit someone else problems at $100k. I rather spend $90k and have a piece of mind with warranty and almost double the power. Super car is next on the list for sure maybe Ford GT or Mclaren 720s in a few years.

sweet man, that setup should sound sweet! I’m going to try to keep it simple maybe do the subs and amp in the spare area since I don’t think I will be doing air suspension this time around. so now I will have that space now. The HK oem systems have the subs in that area. But I figured I wanted better and had some equipment left from my other challenger build, why not just use what I have on hand. I have bigger goals then drop more money into audio equipment. Worked great in my old setup and not into experimenting at the moment with something different.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
some cool little touches on the 2020 models stitching on the dash around the infotainment system and gauges. The SRT logo glows Red when interior lights are in use. A few features which attracted me to the redeye other then the extra power and dodge demon drive train was the chiller and linelock options. Which are also on the standard Hellcat now also. I haven’t had much time to mess with everything yet, but will have some time in the coming weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
:eek:(y):eek:(y)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts