DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all that will attend this meet, those who will intend to make this meet, and those who wish they could attend this meet. ;)

It is that time of year when we see the leaves falling, dark comes much to soon every day, and it is starting to get a chill in the air......we might as well pine away thinking about Spring and a renewed excitement about Car Audio! (I thought that was pretty groovy last time, so I thought I would copy that into this new one.)

The best part will be seeing friends that we haven't seen for several months!

2019 NCSQ Spring Meet

Some pics from the last Meet - Pretty cool to see the pics from the last meet - great weather to start with, and good number of attendees.

Kilt!

Beautiful truck from Jason

Hopefully we will have similar weather and group of folks that love this hobby.

This will be like last year with the meet at my house on Friday and Saturday, then a competition for those who want to attend in Garner, NC on Sunday. Here is the flyer that Klifton created.

On to the 2020 meet....

When/Where:

Friday Night Info:

Friday night will be at my house. PM me for the address. Lunch time to 10 PM - ordering pizza around 6 to be picked up.

Saturday Info:

For food on Saturday, we will probably do snack items for lunch and grill again.

Sunday Info:

We are going to have another competition on Sunday at High Output Audio in Garner, NC. This 'may' be a MECA / IASCA event......it 'may' be a 2x or possibly a 3x event......it 'may' be an SQology event........

Stuff to bring:

• Yourself
  • A friend / spouse / kids (of course you are responsible for policing said kids)
  • Your vehicle with or without anything setup/tuned
  • Favorite music on discs, thumb drive, or other device
  • Camera
  • Lawn chair if you want to use one
  • Openness to learn, ask questions, take constructive criticism and humbly give advice/criticism
  • A coat....may still be chilly then.
Current list of attendees:

#) Name (Screen name) - Car - State

1) Jason (bertholomey) - 2015 Audi S4 - North Carolina

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I'll be there...

2) Ian - 2006 Audi A4 - Virginia

Also, noticed on the old thread you asking who left speakers at your house. Those were mine, I brought them down for Eric in case he could make use of them.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
3) John (subterFUSE) - 2012 Mercedes S63 AMG - SC

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be there...

Also, noticed on the old thread you asking who left speakers at your house. Those were mine, I brought them down for Eric in case he could make use of them.
Good deal - I still have them :)

Would be awesome to see/hear the Merc!

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
I know I've only missed one of these since 2014 when I started making the drive but decided before the last one that I had one more big car audio trip left in me before calling it quits. The drive just takes too much out of me mentally and financially to a point with 3 nights in a motel and literally 100 gallons of gas burned in just three days. I do appreciate the help and knowledge I have gotten from these meets. My system wouldn't be what it is without the help some of you have given and I truly mean that. I might make the drive again one day when I get a new vehicle and system in 4-5 years whether it be a new truck or a fuel efficient compact suv/crossover to keep the miles off my tow rig;)

·
Registered
5,658 Posts

4) Bo (Zippy) - 2013 BRZ - Ohio

5) Scott (Babs) - 2008 Civic - NC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Heck yeah John finally to get to see and hear the Merc!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
703 Posts

6) Eric (mumbles) - 2018 Audi S5 - Georgia

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Following this one. Great choice for date least amount of precipitation likely!!!
So Funny!!! I read that 2 times......thinking, "Why would he say, 'Least amount of participation likely!!!'" :p Read the words.....but my mind filled in something different..... ;)

·
More ambition than time
286 Posts

7) Forrest (Darkrider) - 2015 Sierra or 2010 Camaro SS :confused: - NC

If I can get my dash sorted by May, I will probably bring the truck. If I can't......well, I may still bring it....lol

Jason, you are The Patron Saint of Sound. Organizing events of this magnitude equates to miracles in my eyes, so I'll call the Vatican.

·
1,959 Posts
Following this one. Great choice for date least amount of precipitation likely!!!
So Funny!!! I read that 2 times......thinking, "Why would he say, 'Least amount of participation likely!!!'" :p Read the words.....but my mind filled in something different..... ;)
Let me translate to southern slang:

"According to the Farmer's Almanac, there ain't much chance of a dadgum turd-floater that time o-the-month"

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts

7) Forrest (Darkrider) - 2015 Sierra or 2010 Camaro SS - NC

8) Mic and Mic's Wife Lori (Mic10is)----Acura TSX and E46 BMW

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Funny this meet used to fill up with Honda's... Now it's Audi's. I gotta step up my game. :D Hell I'm just glad the old beater is actually playing now.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yes, the Audi count had gotten kinda high. Glad to see John is bringing the Merc! I’ve been waiting to hear that vehicle. I opted to bring my BRZ since it’s been undergoing changes. New Helix DSP.3 with WiFi module and usb HEC module. The WiFi module allows your phone or tablet to act as a director for the DSP via software. I’m also redoing my tune in it as a result. I’ll be looking for feedback. I’ll keep a preset of the old tune for comparison.

After the event I’m planning on driver upgrades. The Mille 3 way set was great early on, but I’m thinking it may be in need of a refresh at this point. Feedback will help push or sway me to swapping.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I'm already looking forward to an updated demo in your "old beater" it's been a good while since I last heard it.
Me too.. But that's my fault. :) Bit off a bit more than I'd done before with a DIY job. Lotta pain for a couple stupid amps swapped. Will be good to hear what you guys think of it.

·
Registered
102 Posts

7) Forrest (Darkrider) - 2015 Sierra or 2010 Camaro SS - NC

8) Mic and Mic's Wife Lori (Mic10is)----Acura TSX and E46 BMW
9) Jacob (Mashburn) 2019 Honda Civic Si

Scott, you won’t be the lone Honda anymore! Hope to have my system done by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
9) Jacob (Mashburn) 2019 Honda Civic Si

Scott, you won’t be the lone Honda anymore! Hope to have my system done by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh she's done.. Oh yes my friend. :) She's playing and making tunes.
2019 Si!!!! We're going for a ride.. I need to drive that thing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts