DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
This is going to be a busy competition season this year. I have pre registered for Aggieland and the GA Sqology show.
I am planning on being at your GTG this year since I missed this past one.

1) Jason (bertholomey) - 2015 Audi S4 - North Carolina

2) Ian - 2006 Audi A4 - Virginia

3) John (subterFUSE) - 2012 Mercedes S63 AMG - SC

4) Bo (Zippy) - 2013 BRZ - Ohio

5) Scott (Babs) - 2008 Civic - NC

6) Eric (mumbles) - 2018 Audi S5 - Georgia

7) Forrest (Darkrider) - 2015 Sierra or 2010 Camaro SS - NC

8) Mic and Mic's Wife Lori (Mic10is)----Acura TSX and E46 BMW

9) Michael (Audiophile25) - 2016 Scion iM, or 2002 Mazda Protege5

·
Registered
119 Posts
Oh she's done.. Oh yes my friend. :) She's playing and making tunes.
2019 Si!!!! We're going for a ride.. I need to drive that thing.
Sounds like a plan! It takes some getting used to since there’s no more vtec or high revs, but the turbo comes in early enough it feels like it’s got some torque for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,557 Posts

2) Ian (naiku) - 2015 Volvo V60 T6 R-Design (maybe stock) - Virginia

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I’m certainly looking forward to seeing the Volvo!
Congrats on the new ride Ian. I can’t wait to see it and hear it once you’ve upgraded the stereo system.
Thanks both, going to start planning the install in the next couple weeks, likely going to be just all the equipment (minus the head unit) going into the Volvo.

Quick pic of it last night after stopping at the in-laws to pick up John...

·
Registered
546 Posts
I should be able to make it again this year...as a participant for the first time in like 6yrs!

2) Ian (naiku) - 2015 Volvo V60 T6 R-Design (maybe stock) - Virginia

10) Adam (The A Train) - 2014 Accord Sport - NC

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
A few of us had a really enjoyable micro-meet today in Virginia. Kind of yucky weather, but much better than it could have been at this time of year. Ian, Nick, Jacob, Clay, Wayne, and I listened to each other's cars and had great discussions (and of course, great stories from Claydo involving Bubbles and Patches :) ).

The Venue - Randolph Park in Pulaski County - about 3 miles from where I went to High School.

One of the locals and his super awesome puppies that were running with him

Ian's awesome new Volvo....can't wait to hear this in May!

Nick's awesome Passat

A couple views from inside Claydo's Cobalt

Mine isn't worth any pictures......I ran over a decomposing skunk last night.......how incredibly rude to show up to a car meet with a car that no one wants to be within 50 yards of.......:eek::sick:

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Bump for the Spring Meet - it has been a mild winter here, but many of the trees are budding out - so that makes me think of Spring Meets.

I’ve got a bunch of tracks set aside for demos, and I’m looking forward to listening to many good cars!

Is anyone still building / making changes? Anyone try anything truly unique? Any brand new builds from the ‘regulars’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Human (not a robot)
2,376 Posts
I have a local guy that does t-shirts now. I tried the teespring site last time and that was an epic failure.
The graphic will be the same. small NCSQ letters on the breast on front and the back will be full graphic with NC Sound Quality underneath.

It will be easiest to pick a color for the graphic that will go with most t-shirt colors. Probably white or black.
I'll get a list of colors/sizes and get him to figure a cost if you all will give me a general idea of how many shirts need to be made.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Is anyone still building / making changes? Anyone try anything truly unique? Any brand new builds from the ‘regulars’?
I did a DSP swap from the Arc PS8 to a Helix DSP.3. I’m still adjusting the tune some. For those interested I may have figured out the device charging issue with the USB HEC module. I still need to tear apart my dash to see if it works. If it does I’ll gladly share what I am going to try.

PS: If anyone coming to this event is interested in an Arc PS8 with controller and Bluetooth module for $750 I have one available for sale.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
For those interested I may have figured out the device charging issue with the USB HEC module. I still need to tear apart my dash to see if it works. If it does I’ll gladly share what I am going to try.
Interested.. Device charging from the USB HEC itself without another power source in the loop? Didn't know you could do that at all. I'm on iOS with an iPhone XS, so I can now at least charge from a dual-port camera connector (one lightning input from a 12v charging plug). It's pretty janky, but eh, it's a Civic.

Speaking of... My car is absolutely disgustingly filthy.. I've some work to do between now and meet time. Fix a rear deck rattle, do a full interior clean up. Time to bust out that steam cleaner.

·
Registered
625 Posts
It’s not charging from the HEC itself. The HEC shows as a DAC to whatever is connected to it. So you have to use the USB3 camera kit just to have it work with an iOS device. The problem arises when you want to charge said iOS device since the HEC module is not approved by Apple. My potential work around is adding a powered USB hub after the USB3 camera kit. The idea is that the powered hub will remove the need for the Apple device to provide power and allow it to then charge..... Still untested though.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I’ll be watching how the situation with COVID-19 works out through the end of March and April to see if we will continue with this meet. I had to postpone a headphone meet that was scheduled for this Saturday at my house.

I think my trip to BMW with John May be my last ‘event’ for a while. The OSU Spring Game that I was going to attend (1st one in several years has been cancelled).

I’m not going to cancel now, because we may be trending out of it by early April. Erin had a thought......we could all drive to my house........we listen to our own cars......and text each other how awesome they sound.......then line up at a drive through for lunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 - 40 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.