DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
Nothing novel about that idea...that's normally what I do anyways...

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Nothing novel about that idea...that's normally what I do anyways...
Funny about this.......when I read it, I just thought you were saying you sit in your car at YOUR driveway, listen, and text how awesome it is......when I showed this to Vicki......she laughed, and said she read it as you sit in your car in MY driveway (at the meets) and listen to your car (instead of others)......she knows you so well! :p

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
Funny about this.......when I read it, I just thought you were saying you sit in your car at YOUR driveway, listen, and text how awesome it is......when I showed this to Vicki......she laughed, and said she read it as you sit in your car in MY driveway (at the meets) and listen to your car (instead of others)......she knows you so well! :p
why cant it be both?

and actually if you really knew me, youd know i rarely think my own car sound good. :cry:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Bump for the Spring Meet - it has been a mild winter here, but many of the trees are budding out - so that makes me think of Spring Meets.

I’ve got a bunch of tracks set aside for demos, and I’m looking forward to listening to many good cars!

Is anyone still building / making changes? Anyone try anything truly unique? Any brand new builds from the ‘regulars’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I traded my blue car and purchased a Subaru Forester. So I am starting over. Should have the build playing by the time the meet is scheduled. I hope that the meet is still able to happen, although I understand if you want to postpone. See you guys soon!

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
Sunday SQology show after the meet has been canceled

Actually all MECA and IASCA shows canceled til end of May

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
What a difference one month makes - my bump message was on 29 February.......and then even since the 16th of March.

I’m struggling to cancel - I’ve had so many things in the last week or so cancel, I want to live in denial.....I’m still holding out hope that by mid-April, we will be out of ‘lockdown’, but that might be a naive, hopeful outlook.

I figure hotel rooms can easily be cancelled even a few days before the date. I’m having it at my house, so no deposit for a park/shelter, etc. So.....I may keep it on for now and do a ‘wait-and-see’ approach.

·
18,499 Posts
Most hotels allow cancellation up to a day or two. In all my years of travel the most advance any have ever needed was 3 days. So I would just wait this dude out. See where you are at the end of April.

People understand what's going on and they'll understand if you need to cancel due to current advisement of the CDC or local Health authorities. Likewise if you do have the "all clear" but people decide they don't want to risk anything then everyone else will understand. But I wouldn't cancel until you have to. For a lot of people (myself included) this is the one event they look forward to each year and cancelling it would make what's going on even more of a bummer.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Most hotels allow cancellation up to a day or two. In all my years of travel the most advance any have ever needed was 3 days. So I would just wait this dude out. See where you are at the end of April.

People understand what's going on and they'll understand if you need to cancel due to current advisement of the CDC or local Health authorities. Likewise if you do have the "all clear" but people decide they don't want to risk anything then everyone else will understand. But I wouldn't cancel until you have to. For a lot of people (myself included) this is the one event they look forward to each year and cancelling it would make what's going on even more of a bummer.

Just my $0.02.
That is my exact thinking on this.....could be months of isolation, it could be months of social distancing, or it could be a few more weeks.....and you are exactly right - even if we are still in the social distancing mode, we may still be able to gather (for those who want to) and practice safeguards. It is completely up in the air whether the major events for the Orgs will be cancelled this year, so this meet may be one of the few mobile audio gatherings this year.

I didn't have my car last year, so I have a certain amount of eagerness that I'm trying not to let cloud my thinking. Also......there are some significant first builds and rebuilds in a few of our regular's cars.......Eric, Jacob, Steve, Bill, Erin, Babs, Kiser (and I'm missing a lot I'm sure). So there is a lot of incentive, but that will need to be tempered with wisdom.

My family is practicing isolation..........except for May 1st and 2nd..... lol!
I hope you can still have it, because I really want to hang out with everyone.
Me too brother!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
For a lot of people (myself included) this is the one event they look forward to each year and cancelling it would make what's going on even more of a bummer.
Agree with this entirely, I try to make it to as many as possible during the year, but this is one that if I had to pick would be the one I would not want to miss.

That is my exact thinking on this.....could be months of isolation, it could be months of social distancing, or it could be a few more weeks.....
The not knowing how long is one of the worst aspects of things currently (notwithstanding the people getting sick and all those in the service industry, retail etc. whose jobs are directly impacted). The current situation certainly makes me appreciate the mini meet from earlier in the year all the more.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Yeah it's looking very prudent that it wouldn't surprise me if you cancelled, and I'd probably catch hell from the Mrs anyway unless something really miraculous happens and c19 just disappears.

·
18,499 Posts
I just got a call that my hotel reservation has been refunded due to them being closed till June 1st. I’ll be dropping at this point.
Wow. Out of curiosity, where were you staying? I've got a couple hotels reserved at Holiday Inn along the way (one in Knoxville; the other is somewhere in NC) in case I was able to make it. Nothing from either of them.

If things let up (not that I necessarily think it will), maybe you can just get a different hotel room.

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
All of NC is on a Stay at home order til April 29

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Wow....this weekend would have been an amazing weekend for a NCSQ meet! But......it is looking more and more evident that the weekend of May 1st ain't going to happen. First of all, many may still be under a Stay At Home policy. And, we may still have new cases at that time - so not prudent.

What I would rather not do is just cancel it for 2020. I'd rather postpone it. But, middle of Summer in NC is not very fun when sitting in a car. So.....that pushes it to the Fall.......and we don't know about Finals yet........So, I'm looking at the last weekend of September (may still be HOT), or the first weekend of November (which should be nice in NC).

I'm reaching out to Ian about combining my NCSQ and his VA Fall meet that he typically has at his house. And.....I'm determining whether it will be at my house near Greensboro, or having it in Pulaski, VA where we had a mini-meet recently. But, I'm concerned about running into the same issues at that park that I had here. Thoughts?

·
More ambition than time
294 Posts
Wow....this weekend would have been an amazing weekend for a NCSQ meet! But......it is looking more and more evident that the weekend of May 1st ain't going to happen. First of all, many may still be under a Stay At Home policy. And, we may still have new cases at that time - so not prudent.

What I would rather not do is just cancel it for 2020. I'd rather postpone it. But, middle of Summer in NC is not very fun when sitting in a car. So.....that pushes it to the Fall.......and we don't know about Finals yet........So, I'm looking at the last weekend of September (may still be HOT), or the first weekend of November (which should be nice in NC).

I'm reaching out to Ian about combining my NCSQ and his VA Fall meet that he typically has at his house. And.....I'm determining whether it will be at my house near Greensboro, or having it in Pulaski, VA where we had a mini-meet recently. But, I'm concerned about running into the same issues at that park that I had here. Thoughts?
I may have been avoiding DIYMA just because I was hoping to not see this post, but I appreciate your decision Jason. If you had not done so, I would have come and my wife would probably have quarantined me in my garage for 3 weeks. I was sooooo looking forward to it, but I understand. My little girl is in the "at risk" category as she is only 6 and has already had pneumonia twice. Whenever and wherever we can do it, I'm looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it this year in May. The fall actually works better for me.

... or the first weekend of November (which should be nice in NC).
^^^ This would work best for me

And.....I'm determining whether it will be at my house near Greensboro, or having it in Pulaski, VA … Thoughts?
Pulaski would be easier for some of us 😁

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had a feeling we wouldn’t be having it. No worries! Health is always a priority. Hopefully this Kung Flu will be outta here come fall. Plus that gives others (especially me lol) time to get changes on the cars and more tuning time, not to mention cooler weather for the hot natured folks like me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I had a feeling we wouldn’t be having it. No worries! Health is always a priority. Hopefully this Kung Flu will be outta here come fall. Plus that gives others (especially me lol) time to get changes on the cars and more tuning time, not to mention cooler weather for the hot natured folks like me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.