DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Pulaski would be easier for some of us 😁
I was texting Jason and said much the same thing, but was also thinking that half the people who would come here for a fall meet also go to his NC meet so deferred to him on picking a location. The spot we met at in Pulaski earlier this year was a good location though, very easy to get in and out of (unless you have old navigation in your Volvo that basically says "I got you close, figure out the rest"). I'll likely not host a meet here until next year at this point, but instead will just assist Jason with the NC meet.

Plus that gives others (especially me lol) time to get changes on the cars and more tuning time, not to mention cooler weather for the hot natured folks like me lol
Both valid points.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I did something to still feel right about this time of year. Since Bill always brings Middleswarth chips, I went to their website and ordered a 3 lb bag delivered to my house. The shipping cost more than the chips did, but it was so worth it. I’m making some fun dip this weekend to feel complete. Be safe all and see you in the fall.

·
18,542 Posts
I was texting Jason and said much the same thing, but was also thinking that half the people who would come here for a fall meet also go to his NC meet so deferred to him on picking a location. The spot we met at in Pulaski earlier this year was a good location though, very easy to get in and out of (unless you have old navigation in your Volvo that basically says "I got you close, figure out the rest"). I'll likely not host a meet here until next year at this point, but instead will just assist Jason with the NC meet.
Not that my voice matters a whole lot but put me down for a vote for Pulaski, VA. I looked it up and it turns out that Pulaski is actually an hour closer to me than Jason's house. So, heck yea, I'd be down for that spot! An hour doesn't seem like much but when it's 7 vs 8 that extra hour saved helps a lot. Plus, it's all interstate which makes life easier and should help me cover a bit more ground quickly.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I’m making some fun dip this weekend to feel complete.
Are you putting it on a hot dog though? That is the question!

Not that my voice matters a whole lot but put me down for a vote for Pulaski, VA. I looked it up and it turns out that Pulaski is actually an hour closer to me than Jason's house. So, heck yea, I'd be down for that spot! An hour doesn't seem like much but when it's 7 vs 8 that extra hour saved helps a lot. Plus, it's all interstate which makes life easier and should help me cover a bit more ground quickly.
Yeah, an hour saved is nice when you are facing an 8 hour journey. The park we used was literally 5 minutes from I-81, for reference here is the address 5100 Alexander Rd, Dublin, VA 24084. I imagine in November the park should be fairly empty and if I recall correctly there was power available. 2 or 3 hotels right across the highway as well along with a bunch of restaurants.

·
18,542 Posts
Are you putting it on a hot dog though? That is the question!

Yeah, an hour saved is nice when you are facing an 8 hour journey. The park we used was literally 5 minutes from I-81, for reference here is the address 5100 Alexander Rd, Dublin, VA 24084. I imagine in November the park should be fairly empty and if I recall correctly there was power available. 2 or 3 hotels right across the highway as well along with a bunch of restaurants.
Sounds perfect. Between finals a 10th birthday/Disney trip for my kid the last week of October, not sure when this meet will be but if the time is right then I'll definitely be there

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I’m penciling in Friday the 6th and Saturday the 7th of November in Pulaski, Virginia for the NCSQ Meet.

Either the current COVID-19 pandemic will be over, or we will be in the 2nd wave or we will still be in this wave - we will play it by ear.

There will be those who can make it, and sadly there will be some who won’t. We will make the most with what we can.

Really nice facilities for families and as Ian said - places to eat nearby and hotels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I did something to still feel right about this time of year. Since Bill always brings Middleswarth chips, I went to their website and ordered a 3 lb bag delivered to my house. The shipping cost more than the chips did, but it was so worth it. I’m making some fun dip this weekend to feel complete. Be safe all and see you in the fall.
Good luck with that dip. I may have to make some as well in honor of the brethren who don’t get to be car audio nerds when we planned. We will prevail though.

In the meantime I have a project going.. CrossFit box for home workouts since the gym is closed. Funny how car audio skills roll over into other things. 3/4 plywood, table saw, router and go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

61 - 74 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.