DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

161 - 180 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Rich, and welcome. I believe our GTG are the only SQ
ones in the North East ( except for the SQ competitions at Apicella Auto Sound in Stony Point, NY ) . This turn out is promising to be a very good one. You won't be disappointed, as there are a great group of guys that attend and everyone is helpful. Many of us are experienced tuners and would be willing to teach.
The address is ***, Mashpee MA 02649 . The host has a 7 acre property, so parking space should be a non-issue. A few of us bring power supplies and it's a good idea to have an extension cord as well.
There is a garage in which we set up the food station ( last April 2018 ) which worked out well as we did have a few sprinkles.

The likely hood of rain is slim because of the phase of the Moon, but we will still hold the GTG even if we have showers. Looking forward to meeting you, Rich. 200 hour build is a lot of work. I can't wait to take a listen. There will be a lot of great sounding vehicles attending as well as just spectators. 2 hours is not that bad for car audio events. Some of the events that I attend ( SVR for example ) is a 15 hour drive each way.
The event is pretty informal, and laid back. Mike is a great host and a lot of fun to hang out with. You can arrive and depart at your leisure. Thanks for reaching out.
Just joined group and I would love to attend these events. Hopefully you can let me know when and where they are.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I’m not sure if there is a host right now so maybe that is the reason why. If there isn’t a late fall GTG then I think there will be one in the spring. With other events on the East Coast happening and it’s getting cold out I’m not so sure the turnout will be anything near what we just had in July. If we do have one I can bring one GB12 ported and one GB12 sealed and do a blind test to see if you guys can tell a difference. I’ve been doing some tuning and messing around lately and the results have been interesting.

·
Registered
18,721 Posts
November what.. my shop

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Nov. 15th?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Seems like many are apprehensive... doesn’t have to be a meet per se. we can all hang out at a local watering hole or pizza joint and talk shop. Just throwing ideas out there!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone have the track listings for the CD that Michael gave out at the get together? Been listening to it a lot lately and trying to identify the artists and song titles.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I'm not opposed to it and we handled the COVID concerns well for the last meet using social distancing protocols, PPE, and hand washing stations or hand sanitizer. I can reach out to some people and see what happens. I think the cold is going to be a deterrent too but we will see.

Reactions: lucas569

·
Registered
127 Posts
If there is something hapening before thanksgiving, Ill probably go. Never been to something like this, want to hear some other cars, and what others think of mine.

·
Registered
18,721 Posts
my shop has heat, so cold isnt a concern. I might have to do November 8th instead of 15th. I know, short notice but does that work for anyone?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
my shop has heat, so cold isnt a concern. I might have to do November 8th instead of 15th. I know, short notice but does that work for anyone?
NO! At least not for me ... I'll be driving back from the NCSQ meet that day :(

·
Registered
18,721 Posts
Ugh, I probably gotta do it before November 9th. Let me make a call

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I’m on the fence only because that is a long drive for me but manageable. Let’s see how many are willing to go?

·
Registered
18,721 Posts
might have to do it even sooner than that. November 1st ok with everyone?

Reactions: Truthunter

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yes, that would work for me too. Maybe a new thread is needed for a roll call

161 - 180 of 189 Posts