DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
61 - 80 of 241 Posts

· Registered
2022 Ford Explorer ST
1,668 Posts
Thanks. I will look into getting one. My pillars should be done today and they are a little darker than the normal ebony. I could use the dash mat to tie them into the vehicle better.

· Super Moderator
2020 Ram - Focal Utopia M, JL Audio VXi
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
They aren't very expensive at all. Now the only conundrum is Sedona or Brushed suede.
I was torn between the two also. In the old truck, when I planned to order a charcoal grey version, I planned to use brushed suede. With the new truck having a black dash, I elected to use the sedona suede.

· Registered
2,682 Posts
Dash Designs, Sedona Suede is what I ordered. @UNBROKEN said he tried a few and had the best luck with that manufacturer and model
I actually ordered another one from them in the Dashtex material. I wanna see what it looks like in person and possibly add some thickness to it.

· Super Moderator
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Okay…back on track. New back window installed and I went ahead and replaced the third brake light. New window has a good warranty against future leaks. As suspected, there were multiple cracks in the window housing allowing the leaks.

The NETAudio enclosure should ship next week and the MTI pods should be in about the same time. Should have a tracking number on the midranges and woofers tomorrow also. It’s nice to now know I can install everything without worrying about it being ruined the first time it rains. 🫣

· Super Moderator
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Curios, how did the frame get cracked?
I asked this question at the glass shop. Answer: “Poorly designed product”. The new rear window is supposed to be redesigned to avoid similar failures. Apparently, these failures are common with early 5th Gen Rams and ‘19 and ‘20 GMs. GM changed their design in ‘21. Ram supposedly improved their design around the same time. We’ll see.

· Registered
2,682 Posts
Even the slightest chance of water intrusion and the fact I have a spare tire well sub enclosure is why any wood in my car is Baltic Birch and even that was sealed before install. Didn’t wanna take any chances whatsoever with MDF.

Reactions: saltyone

· Super Moderator
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Does anyone know of a generic grill that will work with a Focal E 30 KX sub? It doesn't look like Focal makes one specifically for this sub (strange?) so it will need to be something sold for generic use. Xmax is 22.5mm.

E30KX-technical_sheet.pdf (focal.com)

The likelihood of something coming between the bottom of the seat (when folded down) and the sub is low, but I'd rather not take any chances. If need be, I'll just roll without a grill and let the seat itself protect the sub.

· Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
4,919 Posts

· Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
4,919 Posts
Thinking about it now it will look funny since your sub don't have the rubber baffle ring thingy.

· Super Moderator
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Today was a good ****ing day. 😍

Home appliance Audio equipment Automotive lighting Public address system Loudspeaker

Sound box Audio equipment Loudspeaker Gadget Gas

Brought the TBMs out to meet their big siblings. These six speakers, together, are going to make beautiful music soon. 😊

Audio equipment Automotive tire Circle Gas Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Light Audio equipment Automotive lighting Gas

A few other things arrived also…

Hood Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Computer hardware

Fluid Material property Font Gas Audio equipment

Everything just sitting here waiting for the sub enclosure/amp rack and pillar pods.

Shelving Shelf Gas Cabinetry Machine

Event Darkness Midnight Font Automotive exterior

· Registered
2,682 Posts
Won’t be long now!

Reactions: saltyone

· Super Moderator
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 · (Edited)
Another delivery tonight. I’m excited to try this product for the first time in one of my builds. After everything I’ve read and heard, I have no doubt that the benefit will be significant. Thanks to Nick at Vanguard Automotive Designs and ResoNix Sound Solutions for providing the product at a GREAT price with quick shipping. 72 beautiful little Blackhole Tiles. 😁

Electronic instrument Grey Font Audio equipment Gadget

Rectangle Automotive design Flooring Wood Tints and shades

· Registered
2022 Ford Explorer ST
1,668 Posts
I just stuffed my doors with a box of tiles. Between the ResoNix and the Blackhole Tiles, my doors are dead now. I'm not sure how your window regulator is, but the tiles interfered with the function of mine, pay attention the the track if yours had one.

61 - 80 of 241 Posts