DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 RAM Limited - Helix V Twelve, Helix D One, JL 10TW3
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Also, tried my hand at a subwoofer enclosure design for under the passenger rear seat. Originally was going to just order an MTI enclosure but figured I'd give it a go. It's JL spec ported enclosure tuned to 32 Hz (Approximately) with some modifications in dimensions to fit better understanding the seat with the same volume. I wonder if the different sub positioning in the box makes a difference? Each corner has V's installed as well internally. Was going to wrap it in vinyl leather but I saw a few SPL guys leaving the wood grain so figured why not. What do you guys think, wrap or leave natural? Might build another enclosure with some clear panels and lighting when I get some more time too...

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also, tried my hand at a subwoofer enclosure design for under the passenger rear seat. Originally was going to just order an MTI enclosure but figured I'd give it a go. It's JL spec ported enclosure tuned to 32 Hz (Approximately) with some modifications in dimensions to fit better understanding the seat with the same volume. I wonder if the different sub positioning in the box makes a difference? Each corner has V's installed as well internally. Was going to wrap it in vinyl leather but I saw a few SPL guys leaving the wood grain so figured why not. What do you guys think, wrap or leave natural? Might build another enclosure with some clear panels and lighting when I get some more time too... View attachment 296260 View attachment 296262 View attachment 296263 View attachment 296264 View attachment 296265 View attachment 296266
That’s gorgeous! Congrats on your work.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sub enclosure does look beautiful, but where are the drink holders?

Reactions: Just.call.me.d

·
Registered
135 Posts
Are you able to retain your proximity sensors and bluetooth calls with the AmPro and toslink? Do you have to run RCA's along with the toslink for volume control?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Are you able to retain your proximity sensors and bluetooth calls with the AmPro and toslink? Do you have to run RCA's along with the toslink for volume control?
Yup, both work perfectly. The beep for the proximity sensors is a little bit different tone and you can set the volume level of the beep (The stock level was fine with me). No RCA's, just the TOSLINK to the amp, the volume is sent optically by the PAC unit.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Alright so I'm in a debate now with myself after reading a few more things on DIYMA.... Tweeter and mid location. The stock locations on the dash are all firing up into the windshield... The stock locations on the doors are firing across from each other (Upper doors 3.5" spot and lower doors 6x9 spot). Now the questions are:
  • Hard grills are OEM possibly adding reflection if the speaker is under the stock grills (Cut out the hard grill and put net instead or surface mount the speakers onto the grills?)
  • Mount the tweets and one mid for the center channel in the dash firing up at the windshield and deal with the reflection with tuning and time alignment
  • Mount all the mids in the dash firing up at the windshield and mount the tweets in the upper doors firing across from each other? Passenger would be on axis, driver would be off axis and firing into the steering wheel column

Any guru's wanna chime in with some experience?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Decided on surface mounting. There's no way that hard grill was helping at all with a driver behind it. Probably blocking at least half the output causing all kinds of reflections behind it. There goes my idea of having a "hidden" system 🤷🏻‍♂️

21 - 31 of 31 Posts