DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to build an amp rack for my PPI Art amps out of T-Slot and expanded PVC panels. I planned one out using 2020 but I'm not sure it's rigid enough....Anyone here experienced with this material and can tell me if I can use 2020 or if I need 3030 or 4040?

Here is the planned rack which will sit pretty much vertical between the rear deck and the trunk floor attached at the top and bottom. (the pic shows silver t-slot but it will be black anodized)
Water Skyscraper Building World Urban design

This is the amp configuration
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

Reactions: juvehab

·
Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
could use the t-slot as a template system, then have something welded to match
Sadly, I can't. This will have to be assembled in the vehicle as the trunk opening and the pass through from the back seat are too narrow to allow it to be slid in.

·
Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Somebody posted something similar a while back but more of a rectangle design. It looked great, I believe there were pictures of it from SVR but I don’t know who’s vehicle it is.

post #48

Yeah, I saw that in @RaceShowDrive build log of his Stinger and that's where I got my inspiration to use T-Slot. Of course, his is a box and so it's very rigid.

·
Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With 2020 and double posts like you have, you'll be able to stand on that top platform...
I forgot to mention that the uprights will also be supported by these angle brackets both top and bottom. They don't show in the design because the tool I used doesn't have them as an option:
2020 Aluminum Extrusion Connector Bracket Set Included 8PCS Joint Plates,40Pcs M5 L-Slot Nuts and 40Pcs M5x8mm Hex Socket Cap Screw for 2020 Series Aluminum Profile 3D Printer Frame : Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

1 - 4 of 4 Posts