DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2021 Honda accord
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I called crutchfield and sonic to get ideas for upgrading the sound system in my car as well as a few local shops. Crutchfield and sonic both stated car is too new to confirm wiring/size for speakers/harnesses needed. How can I find out myself when whatever they use to confirm fits is updatedso I can make a move on installing some better audio? I had a system in all my cars (20 yrs) and this last month has been rough with factory tunes 馃槱 (any suggestion on upgrades would be great also). My goal is to save space on woofer and only put a single slim sub in trunk and 1 5 channel amp (if there are decent ones). As for the mids and his thinking jl s but if I can find a less pricey around same sound quality it would be great.

Registered
Hello,

I called crutchfield and sonic to get ideas for upgrading the sound system in my car as well as a few local shops. Crutchfield and sonic both stated car is too new to confirm wiring/size for speakers/harnesses needed. How can I find out myself when whatever they use to confirm fits is updatedso I can make a move on installing some better audio? I had a system in all my cars (20 yrs) and this last month has been rough with factory tunes (any suggestion on upgrades would be great also). My goal is to save space on woofer and only put a single slim sub in trunk and 1 5 channel amp (if there are decent ones). As for the mids and his thinking jl s but if I can find a less pricey around same sound quality it would be great.
It鈥檚 the exact same specs as the 2018-2020 Accord. See if u can find any builds for those years. I have a 2018 and did a full system but I didn鈥檛 do the install, so I have limited info to help. But I can answer some of the questions u may have.

Which trim is ur Accord btw?

A standard 6.5 midbass works, the tweeter is 1 inch I believe.

I did
  • Gladen Aerospace 28mm tweeter (in factory location)
  • Gladen Aerospace 80mm midrange (in custom pillars)
  • Audiofrog GB10OE & GB25 for center channel
  • Audiofrog GB60 (6.5) midbass
  • Audiofrog GS62 (6.5) coaxials in the rear shelf
  • Audiofrog GB12鈥檚 in trunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered

Here鈥檚 a breakdown of the whole Accord鈥檚 factory system cheers

Registered
2021 Honda accord
Discussion Starter #4

Here鈥檚 a breakdown of the whole Accord鈥檚 factory system cheers

I have the exl.... appreciate the breakdown sent. How are you liking the speakers and amp set up?

Registered
Definitely loving it. What gear are u thinking of going with

Registered
2021 Honda accord
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely loving it. What gear are u thinking of going with

Tbh my expertise is not in car audio brands (I鈥檓 familiar with focal and jl which is what I had over the years) I don鈥檛 know what I 鈥渟hould鈥 get. The audio frog and gladens are more then I wanna spend. Not sure what the 鈥渕id tier鈥 pricing speakers that are quality with great sound. I was thinking jl slim sub box w/amp together and jl c2鈥檚. Is there anything better around the same price point?

Registered
2021 Honda accord
Discussion Starter #7
Tbh my expertise is not in car audio brands (I鈥檓 familiar with focal and jl which is what I had over the years) I don鈥檛 know what I 鈥渟hould鈥 get. The audio frog and gladens are more then I wanna spend. Not sure what the 鈥渕id tier鈥 pricing speakers that are quality with great sound. I was thinking jl slim sub box w/amp together and jl c2鈥檚. Is there anything better around the same price point?
I can go over a bit just want to make sure I get good speakers. Sorry the jl slim box didn鈥檛 have the amp... was going to get a 5.1 to push all sets.

Registered
Audiofrog GS series. You can't beat their customer support. Ever calla manufacturer and end up talking to the president? He takes care of you

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Registered
You will need to have a bass restorer such as Accubass from Audio Control regardless of which line output converter you choose. The Accord's radio cuts out the lowest sub bass frequencies going to its speakers. Have your shop measure the speaker inputs to confirm you have the full frequency range. I originally bypassed a line output converter because my DSP had high level input but there was very little sub bass frequencies coming through. I added in an Audio Control LC2i and it was night and day difference in bass.

Registered
OP,
I have a 19' Sport. Does your EXL have factory amp? I don't recall but, if it does that may pose different issues.

I started with some Hertz 6.5's and tweets along with an Audiocontrol amp/dsp combo w/12" sub in the trunk. Not sure of your budget but this was a reasonably priced system which produced a nice upgrade in sound over stock.

I have since upgraded to Audiofrog GB60's, GB10 tweets, 12" sub with fully deadened doors and trunk powered by a 4ch amp for the fronts and separate sub amp along with a Helix dsp.

I installed everything myself along with some help from youtube videos and knowledgeable folks on here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts