DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm mounting my GB10s at the highest point in the a pillar above the oh-sh*t handle. I can't go without the oh-sh*t handle...YMMV. I have experienced the weird reflections and such in the higher frequencies with the current OEM mounting location. (I have a 2022 Sierra AT4, so I'm intimately familiar with your dilemma). In effort to weed out the possible culprits, I'm switching drivers to an all Audiofrog setup (GB25s in OEM spot, GB10s on the pillars, on axis) in attempts to remove the frustrating resonances I hear in various recordings. I run Tang-Band 2" full ranges up there now...very efficient drivers. But there are times and songs that don't make me happy...so...got to change stuff up. I personally think on axis is the way to go.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Is your AT4 a refresh with the new interior? I am curious how folks are building in there.

I imagine the new 12 speaker or whatever Bose systems is going in there now will be fun to integrate with 🙃

I have the Valicor pods coming in the mail this weekend so I will pop those in at some point and see how I like on axis tweeters.
Not sure about if mine is "refreshed." Looks the same as yours, except my tweeter covers are flush with the dash. I don't have 12 speakers...thank God. If Bose can't get it right with 6 speakers, how the hell can they ever with 12? Look to subthump for your box man. It's everything you'll need, no seat lift required. Here's my build if you want to check it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts