DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 kia stinger gt rwd . i had a blast with my last build but it was time to move on , the sti was fun but lacked any bit of refinement i was used to from my mostly european history of cars . i wanted something fun but kinda refined , with a tunable chassis and a good base line of power and handling , behold the kia stinger !! i know i still hesitate when people ask what is that ? i say its a kia . most people say . hmmm ok. like im being deceitful or something , lol . if you can get past the stigma its an amazing car . designed by , the former vp of msport bmw , and someone from the RS program from audi , pretty good pair id say , so far i really like it ,

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
a couple pics ! so far mods ive done are ,
K & n intake set up
MBRP full exhaust
BMS catch cans

i started sound deadning ,made the amp rack and the landing for the sub box .should end up a semi stealth install .

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
As a fellow Stinger owner I'm very interested in this. The KIA forums are, sadly, kind of lacking in general information about the audio system. Good luck!!!

Reactions: chasingSQ

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Interested to watch what you come up with.

Kia has come out with some great stuff lately.... But it's still Kia, and the resale just ain't there. We've considered a Telluride SX for my wife.... But again... It's a Kia, and we will definitely lose money money on it than say, a Tahoe.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As a fellow Stinger owner I'm very interested in this. The KIA forums are, sadly, kind of lacking in general information about the audio system. Good luck!!!
yep if noticed that from creeping on the forums as well . my name on the stinger forum is ,BYEBYESTI.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
yep if noticed that from creeping on the forums as well . my name on the stinger forum is ,BYEBYESTI.
Dude if you need any nice RCA's I know someone... Just saying! Looking forward to what you come up with!

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude if you need any nice RCA's I know someone... Just saying! Looking forward to what you come up with!
hey bud !! ill need the fiio cable for sure

Reactions: DaveG

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ChasingSQ,

What kind of equipment are you thinking of installing?
my plan is to use the oem headunit , spdif into the mini dsp 8x12 dl .. then a mosconi as 100.4 / 200.4 , and a ppi phantom 4ch for rear fill and under seat subs ,

audible physics ram 2 in the pillar / audiofrog gb 60 in the doors / oem under seat subs , and a gb10 in the trunk

·
Registered
710 Posts
my plan is to use the oem headunit , spdif into the mini dsp 8x12 dl .. then a mosconi as 100.4 / 200.4 , and a ppi phantom 4ch for rear fill and under seat subs ,

audible physics ram 2 in the pillar / audiofrog gb 60 in the doors / oem under seat subs , and a gb10 in the trunk
Are you doing the work or having it done at a shop? Either way, would you document the process and especially modifying the Molex in the front doors to pass additional wires through (if you end up doing that)?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts

Does the factory headunit have spdif out?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Does the factory headunit have spdif out?
There's an digital feed going in to the factory amplifier located in the hatch.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are you doing the work or having it done at a shop? Either way, would you document the process and especially modifying the Molex in the front doors to pass additional wires through (if you end up doing that)?
im doing it all myself , yes i will post pics and a detailed build log

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the build is on hold for a week or so i had to drop it off at the body shop to get a couple little things done .

Reactions: TrashPanda
1 - 20 of 20 Posts