DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just an FYI for anyone that may want to make a mental note…

I’m officially buying a new car & picking it up next week. I’m selling the Malibu to a friend for his son and he’s agreed to let me keep it to make it to this meet. So this will be the last time to get a demo before I start all over again from scratch on my new car. If you want to hear it, this will be the last chance.

I can’t wait to see everyone again… and not listen to as many cars as I want because I’m too busy socializing.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Just an FYI for anyone that may want to make a mental note…

I’m officially buying a new car & picking it up next week. I’m selling the Malibu to a friend for his son and he’s agreed to let me keep it to make it to this meet. So this will be the last time to get a demo before I start all over again from scratch on my new car. If you want to hear it, this will be the last chance.

I can’t wait to see everyone again… and not listen to as many cars as I want because I’m too busy socializing.
I’m already in line because I missed it at the last meet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
223 Posts
Why dont you bring your new ride and we do a habitat for humanity build 😖😭😂🙏
That would be great!!! There is actually a current plan for a buddy of mine to drive it down so I can get some design/install ideas from the collective. The only thing is, with the exception of the speakers, all the other gear will be swapped over to the new car.

Reactions: bertholomey

·
Registered
216 Posts
So....i'm putting out an APB....my trunk build is done but it sounds like dog s#it. If anyone going to this meet is willing to sit with me and help dissect everything that may be wrong with it I would greatly appreciate it. If you drink, I'll buy you a taste of your favorite.

In all seriousness, I'd just like some help. I'm dying with how bad it sounds versus how nice it looks for a one day build with good intentions. With my equipment list, there is no reason why any of my components should not have this build sounding solid.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
So....i'm putting out an APB....my trunk build is done but it sounds like dog s#it. If anyone going to this meet is willing to sit with me and help dissect everything that may be wrong with it I would greatly appreciate it. If you drink, I'll buy you a taste of your favorite.

In all seriousness, I'd just like some help. I'm dying with how bad it sounds versus how nice it looks for a one day build with good intentions. With my equipment list, there is no reason why any of my components should not have this build sounding solid.
Howdy... did you ever post a build log here? I had to head over to CAJ to refresh my memory :) I'm willing to help for sure, PM me if you want so we don't glom up this thread.

·
Registered
470 Posts

Hey man your behind me.
I may come. If so I'll bring tuning gear.

I put quick tunes on a couple of cars at the last meet. Wouldn't be a problem to do so again.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
I apologize for hijacking @naiku
No need to apologize, seems pretty relevant to the thread IMO. It makes sense to ask and discuss it here, especially as it can help make sure someone offering to help has the required software.

Which might be useful, if someone is asking for help, post what DSP you are using (going on the assumption here that everyone is). I've used an Audison, JBL MS8, Helix and now a MiniDSP. Far from an expert with any of them, but might be able to help out a little.

·
Registered
216 Posts
No need to apologize, seems pretty relevant to the thread IMO. It makes sense to ask and discuss it here, especially as it can help make sure someone offering to help has the required software.

Which might be useful, if someone is asking for help, post what DSP you are using (going on the assumption here that everyone is). I've used an Audison, JBL MS8, Helix and now a MiniDSP. Far from an expert with any of them, but might be able to help out a little.
Good point....and thanks again.
I'm currently rolling with a Helix DSP Pro. Feeding a 6 channel and a 2 channel....off of optical from an AmPro

·
Registered
223 Posts
I live close. I'm just too embarrassed of my build after seeing those pics!
😰😰😰
You should come anyway. No reason to be embarrassed. Even if you don’t want to show/demo yours you can always listen to some amazing sounding cars and maybe make some new friends.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I live close. I'm just too embarrassed of my build after seeing those pics!
😰😰😰
Bring it. I am embarrassed myself...especially because I put a tremendous amount of effort into planning this out in an intelligent way and even more effort was put into executing the plan. I still failed....so...here we are lol, I'll be front and center...especially because I have heard comp level systems before and it's like nothing I've experienced. Some of the guys I see on the guest list have builds that I'm dying to hear and I hope they can help me as well.

81 - 100 of 124 Posts