DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
I live close. I'm just too embarrassed of my build after seeing those pics!
😰😰😰
Where do you live? And don't worry about being embarrassed, no one who comes to these meets will be anything but helpful. I've had some fairly poor installs, messy wiring, no one looked at anything of mine and said anything negative at all.

·
Registered
2019 Ford F150
106 Posts
Where do you live? And don't worry about being embarrassed, no one who comes to these meets will be anything but helpful. I've had some fairly poor installs, messy wiring, no one looked at anything of mine and said anything negative at all.
I am in Woodbridge, Hour and halfish give or take 15 mins?

·
Registered
2019 Ford F150
106 Posts
1) Ian - Volvo V60 - VA
2) Freakquency - Toyota Avalon - MD
3) Todd - Chevy Malibu - PA
4) Anu - Jeep Wrangler - DC
5) Ryan - Camry - NY
6) Jason - Audi - NC
7) Eric - Audi S5 - GA
8) Jeff - Audi A8 - MD
9) Damien - Audi A6 - VA
10) Logan - Toyota Tacoma - VA
11) Bo - Subaru BRZ - OH
12) Brian - Subaru Outback
13) Dave - Audi A6 - Ottawa, ON
14) Mark - Chevy Silverado - VA
15) Nick - Audi A4 Avant - NC
16) Eric - Ford Focus - PA
17) Mike - Subaru Forester -TN
18) Ian b- kia stinger -NH
19) Chris- F150 - VA

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I will echo what Ian said… haven’t met a single person at one of these that was not willing to help! Heck, I’ve been to several (8hr drive) in my wife’s car which has no system and still had a great time!

·
Registered
2019 Ford F150
106 Posts
I will echo what Ian said… haven’t met a single person at one of these that was not willing to help! Heck, I’ve been to several (8hr drive) in my wife’s car which has no system and still had a great time!
Should help me make a decision on my next drivers as well.
But as hobby goes- you do one or two things-- two hours goes by. Chunk it out little by little.

Unluckily for me-- I bought a Mosconi AS 100.2 for my second amp to drive my Doors. Then, had a DC Fault on my Audiocontrol 5 channel. Had to send it back, so everything is on pause until it returns.
Gave me more time to seal up the doors. so the mids hit a little harder. Still need to upgrade drivers though. The Hertz MP need to go!

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Should help me make a decision on my next drivers as well.
Exactly... and as I think I said earlier, bring a cd or usb stick with music you enjoy. It's one thing to listen to exotic speakers playing absolutely pristine music that you normally wouldn't listen to, but if you listen to your usuals on the same speakers, you may find you don't enjoy them as much. Point being, there are a huge number of speakers out there that don't cost an arm & a leg but still sound terrific... if you only listen to music while driving, you don't need to spend a jillion dollars because you'll never get 100% from them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just a heads up to anyone that wants to listen to their own music in my car, it only has USB. But for the record my playlist usually has a lot of well-known “popular” music from 70s to today so you’ll probably be familiar with most of it.

Reactions: naiku and Stycker

·
Registered
821 Posts
I play through an iPhone. I can download songs from apple music or stream from apple music. I also have a digital coaxial input that can hook up to a DAP. Send me a list of songs and I will make a playlist on my phone with your name on it.

Reactions: naiku

·
Registered
214 Posts
i'll have my USB but I imagine I will be in the minority for people wanting to hear what I play lol. I appreciate that everyone is offering a chance to hear what you like in their vehicles...that's going to be awesome.

·
Registered
2019 Ford F150
106 Posts
i'll have my USB but I imagine I will be in the minority for people wanting to hear what I play lol. I appreciate that everyone is offering a chance to hear what you like in their vehicles...that's going to be awesome.
Track 1. Who let the dogs out?
Track 2. Who Let the Dog (Out)
Track 3. Who Let the Dogs Out (Dance Remix)
Track 4. Who Let the Dogs Out Ft. Sean Paul
Track 5. Who Let The Dogs Out (AOL Accoustic Sessions)

Last but certainly not least.

Track 6. My Humps

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Met up for a great lunch with @j4gates earlier today and the subject of food for this came up.

I'm happy with whatever the majority decides, people can bring something if they want, I can throw something on the grill. Another option, I'd be happy to order catering from a BBQ place nearby (doesn't have to be BBQ, I can call saying and get options) and those who want to contribute to the cost can do so.

Either way, we'd likely still need drinks, plates etc. So.... What is everyone ok with?

Just over a month away now, I'm looking forward to it!

101 - 120 of 124 Posts