DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
141 - 160 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
My amps would power that perfectly too. The TN-4.900s are the same as the PPI Phantom 900.4s. Real power of about 120x4 and will do 400+ bridged into 2. $250 for both.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Thats whats great about this community. I may want to stay clear of the Dayton DSP just because of known noise issues. Dayton speakers are fine. I used to use those all the time. Mid level is fine. I just want it to sound good. No preferences. Those PPI amps are great. I used to use NVX JAD amps (same amp basically). Very underated amps. I'll bring lots of CASH. Maybe I'll just bring her car LOL.

Reactions: naiku

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Those Dayton's that @Anu2g has of mine are RS75's if you can use them, no need for cash, you can just have them if they'll be useful. Alternatively, I have a pair of Infinity Kappa 20MX if you can use those instead.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I don't want to continue cluttering this site with my needs. If you have the room then bring them along. I used the RS75's for a little while. I could never tune the hashness out of them. I'm very picky when it comes to myself. She may love them though. I ended up switching them out for Morel 2.5 incher. I never heard he Kappa series in person.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
I don't want to continue cluttering this site with my needs. If you have the room then bring them along. I used the RS75's for a little while. I could never tune the hashness out of them. I'm very picky when it comes to myself. She may love them though. I ended up switching them out for Morel 2.5 incher. I never heard he Kappa series in person.
No worries about cluttering - this is useful - she could drive that car right down to the NCSQ warehouse and leave with a full system that she can install over the summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Reminder - send me a PM if you need the address and/or a link to the music download. I’d rather get requests for the address in the days prior to the meet instead of when I’m getting a demo and I’m not paying attention to my phone

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thanks guys for chipping in for the food needs.

Vicki will likely blast off to get the burgers, etc. that morning.

We will have to see if we want to do anything for dinner - either local BBQ place or sit down and order place (not Outback this time) - just such a pain to find anywhere a group can get in on a Saturday night.

I'll bring some dessert!

Also, any chance somewhere would take a reservation for Sat night? Or has a party room of sorts?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
867 Posts
I need everything. My daughter just paid off her car. She bought it new in 2014. She asked me to install a backup camera with a dash mount display. I said no way!!! Lets put a whole system in. She is down with it. I told her my install days are over. I'm going to teach her and have her do the install. I'm thinking to keep it simple and cheap since I'm buying. Head unit with car-play and camera. Two-way front using a wideband, no rear, IB Sub(s), 5 channel w/integrated DSP. I'll call Nick Apicella for anything I can't get on the cheap. Resonix for sure.
See the list below, might have some things on there that fit your needs.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I wanted to mention as well. Feel free to mention equipment you are looking to sell and have it at the meet. You never know, one of the guys there may have been looking for that particular thing.

I want to sell my A&K SR15 DAP + SD card if anyone is interested and wants a demo.

Here is my cleaning out the garage list, I need to make room. Hope this is not too much.

Free

Blaupunkt Vx694 bi-ampable 6x9
1 Dayton IB385-8, has surface rust on the basket
2 Dayton IB385-8, both formers have separated from the magnet need rebuilt or repaired. Surface rust on the baskets
MTX Road Thunder 8"
Home Style MB Quart tweeters, I think 6 ohm.
8 Piezo horn drivers threaded
Alpine CDA-9827 (may not work)
Random Alpine cables (DIN and AI-net)
Technics home dual cassette and 5 disc changer (they need a good home)

Cheap (Make Offer)

Eclipse 5062 Changer
Eclipse HDR109 HD Tuner
Eclipse Sirius Tuner
Dayton DA115-8 4" Aluminum mids
Dayton DC28F large format tweeter
Alpine CHM-S630 Changer
Alpine 5957 Changer
Alpine 5955 Changer controller
Zapco Symbilink transmitters
Alpine CD Changer magazines

Very reasonably priced (If interested I will figure out a good deal)

Pioneer 8604
Pioneer 8601 x2
Yamaha YPA-700 x2
Zapco reference 350.2 (modded, crossover removed)
Tymphany LAT-250 x4
Dayton HO15
Audible Physics NZ3 (small pin hole in the one surround)

I also have a Zapco reference 650.6 and 750.2 that I might be willing to part with if someone is interested.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Those Dayton's that @Anu2g has of mine are RS75's if you can use them, no need for cash, you can just have them if they'll be useful. Alternatively, I have a pair of Infinity Kappa 20MX if you can use those instead.
I am running a pair of the MX20s in my truck if anyone wants to listen to them, I have been very happy with them.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Technics home dual cassette and 5 disc changer (they need a good home)
Oh man, this might need to come home with me.

I am running a pair of the MX20s in my truck if anyone wants to listen to them, I have been very happy with them
I was really happy with mine, just needed something that would play a little lower given stock location limitations. They're a really nice little speaker and relatively cheap.

·
More ambition than time
309 Posts
Regretfully, I will not be able to make it to the meet this year again. I knew about a family event for a few weeks now and have been torn but realize what the right decision is. Hope y'all have a great time and looking forward to possible fall meet.

In addition, I was at Kevin's shop, AudioWise, this past Thursday which was full of cars. Great for business but unfortunately also means he's not going to be able to take time away from installs to attend the meet. His trucks system is also down currently. He wanted me to post here for him.
Man, I hate to hear this, but totally understand. I hope the family event is great.

·
More ambition than time
309 Posts
While I don't have much that I'm trying to get rid of, I will talk to my buddy Garry as I know he has some stuff he is ready to part with (including some pretty sweet Tang-band 2.5" wide-banders).

Also, a 2014 White Chevy Cruze RS is what I attended my very first NCSQ meet with. My Camaro was in the shop on that cold-as-hell January or February morning, but man.... I got soo hooked on this community. I was even running an MS-8 in that Cruze.

I knida want another MS-8. I may have to find something worthy to trade for it.....

·
Registered
728 Posts
Sounds like we could have an auction. Or one of those silly Christmas exchanges where you could steal somebody's gift. I gave away a bunch of audio gear to my best friend a year ago. He was going to put together a system and hasn't touched it yet. Now I'm regreting it.

·
Human (not a robot)
2,471 Posts
1) Jason (bertholomey/Afghan Vet) - 2015 Audi S4 - North Carolina
2) Anu (Anu2g) - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr - DC
3) Ian (naiku) - 2015 Volvo V60 - Virginia
4) John - 2004 Ford Mustang - Virginia
5) Jacob (Mashburn) 2016 Ford Taurus
6) Bo (Zippy)2013 BRZ/2018 Audi RS3 - Ohio
7) Logan (squiers007) 2005 Toyota Tacoma - VA (third times a charm, lol)
8) Ian B (ChasingSQ) 2021 Kia Stinger GT
9) Michael - 2021 Subaru Forester, or the Shop Van
10) Kevin (Mullings) 2015 Civic or shop truck 2015 F150
11) Kendal (Notloudenuf) 2002 BMW 330ci - NC
12) Eric (mumbles) - 2018 Audi S5 - GA
13) Alan (BigAl205) - 2018 Chevy Silverado Z71 - AL
14) Damien (dmparker5725) - 2016 Audi A6 - VA
15) Todd (TheTodd) - 2008 Chevy Malibu
16) Mark (Navy Chief) - 2015 Chevy Silverado - VA
17) BenevolentDictator - 2019 Toyota Avalon
18) Forrest (Darkrider) - 2010 Camaro SS with hair tricks - NC
19) Garry (Pb82 Ronin) - 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 - NC