DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
161 - 180 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'll be bringing the Audi along with a few pairs of component speakers at GTG discounts just in case. I'll be there with Jason Carter on Friday, Saturday, and the show on Sunday.
Glad to hear you're feeling well enough to come Nick!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
533 Posts
Oh man, I didn't know this was going to be a gear selling event. Since it's my first time, I didn't want to be rude. I have a whole bunch of stuff I'm trying to part with. I can definitely bring my stuff if people are interested.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
I'd be happy to supply the burgers and dogs. Just need a number for how many you normally buy.
Thanks!!! I’ll check the list tomorrow to see if I can come up with an estimate - it might be that we get the stuff Saturday mid-morning when we have a better feel for the numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
867 Posts
Thanks!!! I’ll check the list tomorrow to see if I can come up with an estimate - it might be that we get the stuff Saturday mid-morning when we have a better feel for the numbers.
Just let me know. I have an entire empty truck bed so bringing a cooler is no big deal for me.

·
Human (not a robot)
2,471 Posts
Just let me know. I have an entire empty truck bed so bringing a cooler is no big deal for me.
Can I ask you to bring that cooler either way?
If I'm the cooker I want to cook up some burgers all at once and put them in the cooler to keep them warm. That has sped up the process when I've worked events for large crowds.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Can I ask you to bring that cooler either way?
If I'm the cooker I want to cook up some burgers all at once and put them in the cooler to keep them warm. That has sped up the process when I've worked events for large crowds.
If @Navy Chief can't bring a cooler, I've got one I could bring, just let me know before 10am tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Ok - I have looked through my PMs and the list and concluded we have roughly 21 confirmed (awesome!).

So, Mark and Todd - if you all would like to handle the Burgers/Dogs and Buns - we can plan on having enough for 25 people - not everyone will want one or both, you can either guesstimate or get what you think will be sufficient, and we can run out if needed. Likely not needed to solicit for a perfect listing.

I’d like to offer the opportunity to ‘go out’ Saturday evening if desired - around 7 or 8 - or we can hang out on the back deck.

I’ve looked at a couple local spots for ‘bar food’ and a place to just hang out - vs a sit down meal (waiting > hour to get into Outback and then having yucky experience doesn’t sound good to me). So let me know Friday / Saturday what the wish of the group is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
I'll be bringing the Audi along with a few pairs of component speakers at GTG discounts just in case. I'll be there with Jason Carter on Friday, Saturday, and the show on Sunday. 👍
At the last GTG, I bought a pair of M3 Carbons from Nick; he even let me try quickly try them out in my build first. Excited to show you how they look permanently mounted in my pillars now, and with the new sub box (two down-firing SQL-12s, ported @ 30Hz)

·
Registered
728 Posts
I put my spare tire hitch on the back of my car. Now I'm down about 3 inches in the back. I can really feel the butt sag now. Shocks and springs can't get here soon enough. I am now officially out of time for anything else other than packing. Your going to see one dirty a$$ed car inside and out. About an inch worth of yellow pollen on a black car. I hope my tune is good cause I won't be checking that either. Looking forward to meeting Nick and glad he is doing better. See ya soon.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I put my spare tire hitch on the back of my car. Now I'm down about 3 inches in the back. I can really feel the butt sag now. Shocks and springs can't get here soon enough. I am now officially out of time for anything else other than packing. Your going to see one dirty a$$ed car inside and out. About an inch worth of yellow pollen on a black car. I hope my tune is good cause I won't be checking that either. Looking forward to meeting Nick and glad he is doing better. See ya soon.
Welcome to my world... dirty car, totally unprepared for this despite ample time. It will all be okay, and I look forward to meeting you!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Ok - I have looked through my PMs and the list and concluded we have roughly 21 confirmed (awesome!).

So, Mark and Todd - if you all would like to handle the Burgers/Dogs and Buns - we can plan on having enough for 25 people - not everyone will want one or both, you can either guesstimate or get what you think will be sufficient, and we can run out if needed. Likely not needed to solicit for a perfect listing.

I’d like to offer the opportunity to ‘go out’ Saturday evening if desired - around 7 or 8 - or we can hang out on the back deck.

I’ve looked at a couple local spots for ‘bar food’ and a place to just hang out - vs a sit down meal (waiting > hour to get into Outback and then having yucky experience doesn’t sound good to me). So let me know Friday / Saturday what the wish of the group is.
I will take care of burgers and dogs if Todd can get buns. I think 24 hamburger buns an 24 hot dog buns should be sufficient and are even numbered packages and I will get the same number of burgers and dogs. I will be bringing my cooler obviously, so it can be used to store warm food while we are cooking if needed.

I am good for whatever on Saturday night. I am staying in Asheboro at the intersection of I74 and Route 64, so its not a very long drive for me at the end of the night. That hopefully sets me up for a direct drive down Route 64 to High Output Sunday morning, what time is everyone arriving at the show on Sunday morning.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Here is my cleaning out the garage list, I need to make room. Hope this is not too much.

Free

Blaupunkt Vx694 bi-ampable 6x9
1 Dayton IB385-8, has surface rust on the basket
2 Dayton IB385-8, both formers have separated from the magnet need rebuilt or repaired. Surface rust on the baskets
MTX Road Thunder 8"
Home Style MB Quart tweeters, I think 6 ohm.
8 Piezo horn drivers threaded
Alpine CDA-9827 (may not work)
Random Alpine cables (DIN and AI-net)
Technics home dual cassette and 5 disc changer (they need a good home) (Claimed by Naiku)

Cheap (Make Offer)

Eclipse 5062 Changer
Eclipse HDR109 HD Tuner
Eclipse Sirius Tuner
Dayton DA115-8 4" Aluminum mids
Dayton DC28F large format tweeter
Alpine CHM-S630 Changer
Alpine 5957 Changer
Alpine 5955 Changer controller
Zapco Symbilink transmitters
Alpine CD Changer magazines

Very reasonably priced (If interested I will figure out a good deal)

Pioneer 8604
Pioneer 8601 x2
Yamaha YPA-700 x2
Zapco reference 350.2 (modded, crossover removed)
Tymphany LAT-250 x4
Dayton HO15
Audible Physics NZ3 (small pin hole in the one surround)

I also have a Zapco reference 650.6 and 750.2 that I might be willing to part with if someone is interested.
Any takers on this list, especially the free stuff. Some of this stuff isn't worth shipping and I will hate to throw it out.

·
Premium Member
4,094 Posts
I will take care of burgers and dogs if Todd can get buns. I think 24 hamburger buns an 24 hot dog buns should be sufficient and are even numbered packages and I will get the same number of burgers and dogs. I will be bringing my cooler obviously, so it can be used to store warm food while we are cooking if needed.

I am good for whatever on Saturday night. I am staying in Asheboro at the intersection of I74 and Route 64, so its not a very long drive for me at the end of the night. That hopefully sets me up for a direct drive down Route 64 to High Output Sunday morning, what time is everyone arriving at the show on Sunday morning.
Registration opens at 930.
Judging starts at 10ish

Entry fee $30/ organization

161 - 180 of 251 Posts