DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Ram 1500 Crew Cab with the base 6 speaker system. 3 1/2 in the dash corners, 6x9 in all four doors.

The consensus from most of the Ram forums is to go with Infinity 3032cfx in the Dash and Infinity REF-9633ix in all four doors.
I had also looked into using Kenwood eXcelon KFC-XP6903C (6x9 woofer and 3/12 Midrange set) and a pair of Kenwood 2way 6x9 for rear doors.

Want to add an amp.

I have 2 kicker Comp RT 10's from my previous truck that I may add later on. (Other truck was a ford so the box wont fit)

I have a budget of around 1K. (Really want to stick as close to this as possible)

Main goal is for music to be cleaner (sounds muddled with the stock system) and louder.

I'm open to suggestions and criticism.

· Registered
316 Posts
Well the consensus in this forum would be that you don’t need speakers in the rear doors.
so start with that. But for a grand you’re not going to get very far here

· Registered
316 Posts
A dsp and sound deadening probably.
how about a dsp/amp combo and some sound deadening.

· Registered
2019 Ford F150
110 Posts
So....
Like....
That would probably sound better than stock. Make sure you're checking ebay for prices on those items. Skip the rear speakers for now and spend more in your front setup.

Also add sound deadening.

· Registered
316 Posts
I wouldn’t say they are no good. I’m just thinking about the grand and how to get the most out of that. assuming you’re sticking with the stock headunit, a lot of these processors integrate with factory systems, people on here know all about that stuff.

· Registered
316 Posts
I just put the infinity 3 1/2s one pair
the 6x9s one pair
and an audio control d4.800
in a cart on crutchfield $1169
that gets you coaxial dash and door speakers up front and a dsp/amp combo that can receive the signal your headunit puts out and amplify those 4 speakers. With whatever control you can do with the dsp, also leave you the ability to upgrade speakers eventually. If you want your kickers going you’re going to start buying wire and a bass amp

Reactions: Dkillett

· Registered
2019 Ford F150
110 Posts
Find a 4 channel amp
I just put the infinity 3 1/2s one pair
the 6x9s one pair
and an audio control d4.800
in a cart on crutchfield $1169
that gets you coaxial dash and door speakers up front and a dsp/amp combo that can receive the signal your headunit puts out and amplify those 4 speakers. With whatever control you can do with the dsp, also leave you the ability to upgrade speakers eventually. If you want your kickers going you’re going to start buying wire and a bass amp
Check ebay for the price on infinity reference. It's like half.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wouldn’t say they are no good. I’m just thinking about the grand and how to get the most out of that. assuming you’re sticking with the stock headunit, a lot of these processors integrate with factory systems, people on here know all about that stuff.
Yeah, stock head unit. I know there are much better options with more money. I'm not saying that I will not expand on system in the future, but for right now that's what I'm working with. I believe I have some Killmat left over from my previous install (not sure how much). I see people mention the Dayton DSP as an affordable option.

Thanks for the help.

· Registered
2018 VW Golf Sportwagen
413 Posts
I agree on no rear speakers. Save some cash there. If you were to omit a dsp, you could get a 5 channel amp that accepts high level input for around 400. Better still if it had high pass crossover up to 5k for the dash (not that you'd run it at 5k) and band pass for the doors. Just be sure the sub channel is good ohm wise for your subs. I think they mostly run 2ohm. 6 channel amp would probably bridge out 5 and 6 to 4 ohm.

· Registered
2,019 Posts
Yeah, I'd go with a 5 channel amp like the Pioneer GM-DX975

You can bi-amp that Kenwood set, or if you get a set with passive crossovers, you can bridge the 4 full range channels.
Should leave a little room for a sub box, even a temp one.

· Registered
2016 F-150 XLT Screw
544 Posts
CDT has a package for the Ram, on sale, I've been pleasantly surprised by their stuff for the money honestly.

Pair with a Audio Apex CAB-M165 5 Channel Car Amplifier 1600 Watts RMS
5 channel

You'd have enough money left over for some deadening and wiring, a sub channel with good power for subs when you can get a box and ready to add a dsp down the line if that's what you're inclined to do.

Or get those kenwoods you're looking at and at this Helix M Six DSP, 6x100 amp with one of the best DSPs integrated right into it and the damn thing is small enough to easily find a home in a truck. HELIX M SIX DSP 6x100W RMS AMP WITH INTEGRATED 10-CHANNEL DSP HI-INPUT, NEW 2022 | eBay

1 - 20 of 29 Posts