DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Louisville, I can get this amp for you if your interested. Or deal with him on your own.

AMP LINK

It's pristine and you won't find another one like this anywhere. This is a Phillips Sound Labs Special Limited Edition car stereo amplifier with a 24 ct gold circuit board. Check out the pictures. Phillips only released 2 of these to each of their authorized retailers to be used as display models only. I searched all of Ebay and many different internet searches and couldn't even find any other sales on this amp. It has a clear plexi-glass back cover so that it can be mounted upside down to show off the circuit board. It also comes with a standard black metal back if you don't want to mount it that way. It is capable of 200 watt x 2 channels or 400 watt x 1 channel bridged at 2 ohms if subs are run in series or 100 x 2 channels or 200 watts x 1 channel bridged at 4 ohms. It has separate Treble and Bass control knobs, and two subwoofer frequency selections (120Hz / 80Hz). It also comes with a separate black label if you'd rather stick that label on instead of the pictured gold label. It is used but in near perfect condition. It has only a few minor scuffs from previous mounting. I had this installed in a Suburban with a TM Rush 15 inch bass tube (also listed on Craigslist) and it really hit hard. Buy this from me before I decide to put it on Ebay. I am the original owner and it is in excellent condition. Contact me via email through the link in Craigslist or call me (Johnny) at 502-551-2341. Will deliver within the Louisville metro area.

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
I live in Louisville, I can get this amp for you if your interested. Or deal with him on your own.

AMP LINK

It's pristine and you won't find another one like this anywhere. This is a Phillips Sound Labs Special Limited Edition car stereo amplifier with a 24 ct gold circuit board. Check out the pictures. Phillips only released 2 of these to each of their authorized retailers to be used as display models only. I searched all of Ebay and many different internet searches and couldn't even find any other sales on this amp. It has a clear plexi-glass back cover so that it can be mounted upside down to show off the circuit board. It also comes with a standard black metal back if you don't want to mount it that way. It is capable of 200 watt x 2 channels or 400 watt x 1 channel bridged at 2 ohms if subs are run in series or 100 x 2 channels or 200 watts x 1 channel bridged at 4 ohms. It has separate Treble and Bass control knobs, and two subwoofer frequency selections (120Hz / 80Hz). It also comes with a separate black label if you'd rather stick that label on instead of the pictured gold label. It is used but in near perfect condition. It has only a few minor scuffs from previous mounting. I had this installed in a Suburban with a TM Rush 15 inch bass tube (also listed on Craigslist) and it really hit hard. Buy this from me before I decide to put it on Ebay. I am the original owner and it is in excellent condition. Contact me via email through the link in Craigslist or call me (Johnny) at 502-551-2341. Will deliver within the Louisville metro area.

Weren't these amps made by PPI?

Plexi or not, I wouldn't mount that amp upside down.

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kinda wimpy looking, He probably will not get the $$ for it, but I have never seen a 24k model.

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
Kinda wimpy looking, He probably will not get the $$ for it, but I have never seen a 24k model.
I wasn't really referring to the guts, more the heat issue.

At any rate, I think you're right. $200 for an amp with fixed position crossovers is a bit high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts