DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time member, but took a break from DIYMA after college to focus on my career. Well, it worked! I've got my dream car (Yes, a 2016 Ford Transit Connect is my dream car) and some money for a new system. I'm way behind in the DIYMA game since i've been out for 6+ years but it's good to be home!
Anyways, here's the project.

Budget - $2500
Vehicle - 2016 Ford Transit Connect EXT (Passenger model)
Goal - SQL system with clean install

Ideal system:
- 2-way components in front
- Amp for Components
- Tie into stock Ford SYNC system
- 1x 12" Subwoofer OR 2x smaller subs (I have amp)
- Sound Deadining
- Time Alignment

Challenges:
- I haul lots of gear with my Transit so I have to get creative with box and sub mounting since I can't sacrifice the space in the back. Under front seat or something creative.
- I will be hiring somebody for the install as I have no garage anymore nor time to do it myself outside of design sadly. Install does NOT come from this budget.

Recommended Setup
- IDmax 12" sub
- JL 1000/1 (already own)
- HERTZ Mille Components (No experience with these, need help)
- Audiocontrol LC - 4.800 amp for mains
- LOTS of deadining
- Say **** TRUNK SPACE and put in a traditional box for sub :/

I also have a bunch of other random amps (mostly vintage Soundstream) that would work for a sub if the 1000.1 is too beefy.

So, what would you do?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
the idmax and jl amp will make a fine combo for your van, you might consider a downfiring center console between the seats? should maximize cargo space and provide a nicer place for phone/cup/arms than the stock seats likely do, but I haven't been in the vehicle so I really don't know.

the audiocontrol amp is..well..you can do better for the price. personally I'd look into an audiocontrol lc2i and a minidsp or used Rockford 360.3, and use your old amps for the doors/tweeters. more power is a good thing, and the hertz mil components are great speakers.

Reactions: Coppertone

·
Registered
286 Posts
If you are paying a shop I would discuss with them. They are most likely a couple integration options, one being software called forscan. Also most shops won't negotiate labor or warranty work on equipment they don't sell so go over your goals/budget and have them give you options. Report back if you need more guidance.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Are u referring to hertz Mille pro? Or Mille legend speakers? 2 way or 3 way? Active or full range to passives up front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have both the Hertz Mille Legend and Mille Pro. You won't be disappointed. They take a little while to break in and then you will need a retune but they are very nice speakers. I've ran them both active and passive. Sounded great both ways but I like active better.

Sub audio frog gb 12". They don't need a big box

Ford sync do not get a bit ten. I have a 15 lariat and went with the bit ten and it just didn't sound right and my installer ended up doing another sync system and said he realized that the bit ten and sync system weren't a good match and said I was missing frequencies or something like that. I switched to a Mosconi 6to8 now and it works perfect.

I'm installing a system in my work van tomorrow. Hertz Mille pros, Audison 5.1k , Audison bit one , and either a audio frog 12 or a Diamond Audio tdx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Bumping an old thread, but curious if you ever moved forward with a system in your Transit Connect? I put a little one in mine too :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts