DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Why do you think the CDA-9887 sounds so good? The reason I ask is because I dont think it sounds great at all. It has nice features from a DSP standpoint but it doesnt compare to other HUs in the transport/DAC department IMO

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried the 9886 and some high end pioneer beside the p99rs oh and I tried 1 2din from kenwood and none made my system sound as good as this one.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the mid are def. more punchy with the alpine and the high a bit more crips than any pionner I tried and this signature sound has been proved before.

BTW, I'm running active ES-06 with custom molded pillar ES-010 ( soon to be replaced by the es-020). I'm not the average noobs but I'm not an expert either. I clearly feel like your taking me for a perfect noobs lol..

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
My apologies but you original question or responses doesnt tell me other wise. Many will have their favorites but I was seing what you loved about the 9887 so much? Was it the features, DSP, iPod, etc.

I prefer another brand over others but for certain reasons.

To answer your question, yes it is possible for the W505 to sound better than a 9887. But it can also sound worse. It depends what you do with it and what "sound" you are referring to

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not doing any SQ competition. but when you think that I spend so many hour deadening my car, custom molded my tweeter. fix my mid. go with 3 arc audio KS series. I certainly care about my sound.

I might have the opportunity to get my hand on a IVA-W505 for almost free ( yeah whatever!) and since I'm removing my 1din 3 gauges, I would have space to put a 2din receiver and thought it would be a nice addition. However if it's going to make my system sound worse then I will keep my 9887 that I'm happy with it right now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not to say that the ipod feature on the alpine is so much better than pioneer!

at one point i wanted to go eclipse but forgot the idea because of how hard is to get a quality HU these day.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
As far as iPod control, the W505 has a better user interface IMO especially with a touchscreen

Lets say you decided to get the W505, how do you plan on running your system active?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts