DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookign to spend 2k on used equipment from different forums. I have had stereos through the years mostly older equipment. Past Systems
2 hcca 12 ported 32hz 2 250g4's
2 arc 2500cxl 2 idmax 12's sealed
2 arc 2500cxl 2 mass 12's sealed
I now have an orion 800a2 and 2 ID15v1's. sealed
Front speakers have been many over years but not worried about that.

I am going to purchase a newer luxury car and was wondering what would you purchase if you were me. Listen to rap/hip hop. Looking for deep loud bass. I was thinking two 1000 watt class d amps and 2 15's and 4x100 for fronts and rears. I don't care about age or brand, just want LOUD,LOW bass. Ported or sealed doens't matter, but would like a little SQ.

·
Registered
9,723 Posts
I haven't seen many pairs of 15's or pairs of 1000 watt mono amps show up in the classifieds recently, but maybe post a WTB ad?

·
Super Moderator
5,230 Posts
There are too many variables with such little information. But this is how I would start something like that.

2 - JBL MS-A1004
2pr.- Pro drivers all around
1pr. - Horns under dash
Upgrade alternator
Buy 2 long throw 15's - SSA, Sundown, etc.
1 - 2000W at 1 ohm amp

Something like that will probably be closer to $2,500, but it will give you clear sound at higher volume levels.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I almost bought a Lexus from a friend of mine and I was going to go with one or two 15s ib. I was looking at either the ID Max 15v4 or the AE IB15s. The AEs are about half the cost of the MAXs but I'm not sure if they'll get as loud.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.