Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
More details to follow :D

Octave presents:
2nd Annual SQ Orlando Meet

Saturday November 9th, 2013

5651 Commerce Dr.,Orlando FL, 32839
Octave Car Audio Orlando
(407) 697-2317

I'm organizing this for Russ at Octave as he's very busy these days. The 1st annual meet last year was very successful, and we're hoping this one is even bigger and better. For anyone that didn't make it out last year, we had a great turnout with a ton of great sounding cars.

The meet will begin at 11:00 am and run to 4:00 pm or so.
I am going to host a tuning workshop from 4:00 pm to midnight (I'll post further details tomorrow night). If everything goes according to plan, we will have an expert SQ guy join us and teach us all a few things. The audience is beginners and experts interested in tuning. Includes SQ music CD, technical track CD, and informative booklet with charts, graphs, stage placements, etc.

Both the g2g and the tuning workshop are free. I'd like to get a signup list for the tuning workshop so I can know how many CD's and booklets to bring, but hopefully I'll have extra.

Map:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=5651+Commerce+Dr.,Orlando+FL,+32839&hl=en&sll=27.698638,-83.804601&sspn=18.093963,33.815918&t=h&hnear=5651+Commerce+Dr,+Orlando,+Florida+32839&z=17

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Re: 2nd Annual SQ Orlando Meet, November 16 2013

Subbed. I have a project that is running a little long so I don't know for sure if I am making it, but I will let you know either way. I am especially interested in your workshop.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Subbed. I have a project that is running a little long so I don't know for sure if I am making it, but I will let you know either way. I am especially interested in your workshop.
I'm also interested in putting a g2g in South Florida if that would be easier for you and others to attend. I know that's a very long drive. Not sure where to start, as I don't know any shops down that way. Do you know any that might be receptive to hosting an event in the Miami Fort Lauderdale area? Or does anyone else?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

For anyone that wants to put the flyer and event details in their sig, just put this in your "Settings and Options -> Edit Signature":

(I attached the code above to a text file as the forum won't let me post the actual code)

And for the Tapatalk users:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts

I work on Saturdays from 11-6 PM, but can swing by after work.

I don't have a current system at the moment because I just purchased a new car in August, but it will still be nice to meet some people and talk about plans/ideas/suggestions for my system design.

·
Registered
712 Posts

For anyone that wants to put the flyer and event details in their sig, just put this in your "Settings and Options -> Edit Signature":

(I attached the code above to a text file as the forum won't let me post the actual code)

And for the Tapatalk users:
I attached it as a text file, hopefully that will work.
Couldn't get that to work either. :confused:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where is the sign up list?
There's not really a signup list for the meet as of right now, it's just post below in the thread if you're planning on coming, and show up on the 16th.

I would like to get a signup list going for the tuning workshop but I've not really had anyone reply saying they're interested yet. So ill start one once we get a few people wanting to attend it.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts

There's not really a signup list for the meet as of right now, it's just post below in the thread if you're planning on coming, and show up on the 16th.

I would like to get a signup list going for the tuning workshop but I've not really had anyone reply saying they're interested yet. So ill start one once we get a few people wanting to attend it.
I would attend the workshop, count me in.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We almost got a top brass SQ veteran to help with the workshop but they were unavailable on the 16th. Russ and I talked about possibly moving the event a week back to the 9th to make it work. I was admittedly against it since we already put the word out to everyone and i had already made work arrangements for the 16th and the 15th to prepare.

If any other state or world champions (or other self appointed SQ gurus) want to help out with the tuning workshop, by all means let me know, I'd like to get as much help as I can. My material will be mostly from a technical side but would love to hear from someone that tunes by ear and more importantly, can explain to others how to do it, to further this hobby.

·
Registered
712 Posts

We almost got a top brass SQ veteran to help with the workshop but they were unavailable on the 16th. Russ and I talked about possibly moving the event a week back to the 9th to make it work. I was admittedly against it since we already put the word out to everyone and i had already made work arrangements for the 16th and the 15th to prepare.

If any other state or world champions (or other self appointed SQ gurus) want to help out with the tuning workshop, by all means let me know, I'd like to get as much help as I can. My material will be mostly from a technical side but would love to hear from someone that tunes by ear and more importantly, can explain to others how to do it, to further this hobby.
I nominate audionutz!

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts

I work on Saturdays from 11:00-6:00 but I would like to swing by after that.

I have a new car that's only a month old, so I don't have my system installed yet. But I have most of my equipment already and would love to chat with other enthusiasts about my plans.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts