DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Me and 2 other guys from our shop in Bonita Springs are coming out as well. I look forward to hearing some good cars and learning some too! We probably won't stay too late as we are driving back tomorrow night as well.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
It's 12:30 AM and I'm still burning discs like crazy. Managed to squeeze 30 tracks in. VERY eclectic stuff, all types of genres. Hope I can burn enough copies to go around....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Any chance you'd be willing to share your track list and make the PPT available to download for a west coast GTG?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
Any chance you'd be willing to share your track list and make the PPT available to download for a west coast GTG?
Absolutely send me a PM and I'll mail you one (mine come with a snazzy slim CD case with liner). Will post the track list to photobucket in a few minutes.

I'd like to possibly send one Erin's way as well, maybe as a trade.

Edit: Here's the track list:

Edit #2 damn that's hard to read. Here's the copy and paste.

Trk # Artist Song Album
1 Dire Straits - Money for Nothing - Brothers in Arms
2 Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok - Just Can't Get Enough Vol. 14
3 The Romantics - Talking In Your Sleep - Their Very Best
4 Marc Broussard - Home - Carencro
5 Daniel Bachman - Under the Shade of the Trees - Jesus I'm a Sinner
6 Huun-Huur-Tu - Oske Cherde - Best Live
7 Nitin Sawhney - Opening Titles - A Throw of Dice (feat. The London Symphony Orchestra)
8 Nitin Sawhney - Songbird - A Throw of Dice (feat. The London Symphony Orchestra)
9 M.I.A. - Birdflu - Kala
10 Adele - Skyfall - James Bond Skyfall Soundtrack
11 Hans Zimmer - Dream Within A Dream - Inception Soundtrack
12 Beethoven - Adagio Sostenuto from "Moonlight" Sonata - Quiet Moods: Classics for Relaxation
13 Schubert - Standchen (Serenade) - Quiet Moods: Classics for Relaxation
14 Leroy Eliot "Slam" Stewart - Close Your Eyes - Shut Yo' Mouth!
15 Zaz - Prends Garde A Ta Langue - Zaz
16 Ana Tijoux - 1977 - 1977
17 Portishead - Humming - Roseland NYC Live
18 Lana Del Rey - Blue Jean - Born To Die
19 Bjork - Amphibian (film mix) - Being John Malkovich Soundtrack
20 William Fitzsimmons - I Kissed A Girl - Derivatives
21 Imogen Heap - Canvas - Ellipse
22 Broadcast - Lunch Hour Pops - Haha Sound
23 The Boxcars - That’s What She Said - Bluegrass Mastery Vol. 1
24 The Rolling Stones - Little Red Rooster - Flashpoint
25 Nero - Must Be The Feeling - Welcome Reality
26 Bassnectar - Bass Head - Timestretch
27 Pendulum - Set Me On Fire - Immersion
28 Pendulum - Slam - Hold Your Colour
29 Goodie MoB - Cell Therapy - Closet Freak: The Best Of Cee-Lo Green The Soul Machine
30 A$AP Rocky - Wild For The Night [feat. Skrillex] - Long.Live.A$Ap (Deluxe Version) [Explicit]

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Hope folks don't mind me nosing in on their application of their new knowledge in their car. Took my Fiesta to spend 1/3 the cost in gas to get here from the ATL then was greeted by the most expensive tolls I've ever seen in my life when I got around Orlando. Duh fuck?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I hate myself for not being able to make it but I think I have a cool idea/favor to ask. Would it be possible for someone to record the tuning sessions (and other interesting stuff) and up them to YouTube? Pretty please... :D

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
I hate myself for not being able to make it but I think I have a cool idea/favor to ask. Would it be possible for someone to record the tuning sessions (and other interesting stuff) and up them to YouTube? Pretty please... :D
I think you should send a cab for your wife at the airport. She's understand, right? ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry we left early Neil_J had good time the short time we were there. I wouldn't mind looking at your power point if you were OK with sending it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Had a great time @ the gtg. Thanks Neil J for the lesson in tuning I really appreciate it. I got to meet some cool people and listen to some nice cars. Now my brain is on overload!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
So I don't know about everyone else, but I thought this was a pretty awesome meet. Met a lot of new people like James and Juan and David. Heard some fantastic cars (my favorites were David's BMW SUV with the flangeless L3SE's and the Morel sub, and Lionel's 1st Gen Mini). For install though, Dustin's Taurus was pretty amazing in person, but that goes without saying.

As for the tuning workshop, it didn't go 100% like I expected since Steve got held up, and I would have liked to do some hands-on stuff but I was trying to read the crowd and it looked like everyone was ready to go home after two hours of powerpoint slides. I'm still extending out the offer for anyone that would like any extra help tuning or understanding some of the principles and techniques that I went over, just PM me, if I can't answer your question or help out in anyway, I can get you in touch with someone that can.

For anyone that didn't get the SQ CD or would like a copy of the powerpoint, PM me your email address. I'll attach to the thread at some point, but I'd like to go back and clean it up a bit before putting it out to the public. I've got five of the CD's left, I'd like to send one to Erin if he's interested and one to copter who requested one for the west coast G2G. But I can burn more and send them out free of charge for anyone that would like one.

For anyone that got the CD and thought my choice of music is a little weird... Well yea. I was trying to get people out of their comfort zones. The idea was to get a collection of all sorts of instruments, male vocals, female vocals, dynamic ranges, recording styles, genres, from the last 30 years or so. Track 6 has Tuvan throat singing techniques, where the vocalist can produce multiple pitches simultaneously over a fundamental pitch. Track 14 was done by Slam Stewart, a jazz bass player that would bow his double bass and simultaneously sing or hum an octave higher. I think both of these tracks can show weakness in the midbass to midrange transition in certain setups. The Bjork song, track 19, will show your width boundaries pretty well, you have Bjork at stage left, and Bjork at stage right. There are a lot of subtleties if you're listing to certain tracks. In the Beethoven Adiagio Sostenuto, if you listen carefully, you can hear the pianist breathing. Tracks 7 and 8 featured the London Symphany Orchestra and were composed by a very brilliant British Indian musician. The bluegrass song on track 23 is great because you've got guitar, banjo, upright bass, and violin/fiddle all over the soundstage. I've got several different masterings of several of these songs, and the most "audiophile" ones were selected for this CD. Admittedly a few came from amazon mp3 but they were all over 256 kbps which is about the point where it's hard to differentiate between that and the uncompressed version. But you can decide for yourself if it sounds good to your ears :D

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Oh. And I said there was a prize for the person who drove the furthest. I have a set of Vifa XT25's for anyone that wants to claim them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yuengling is absolutely an essential classroom learning enhancement tool.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Oh. And I said there was a prize for the person who drove the furthest. I have a set of Vifa XT25's for anyone that wants to claim them.
Hmmm... I drove from Marietta, GA on Friday and stayed at a hotel where the water fixtures were not seemingly attached to anything so they moved all over the place. It was $33 a night... less than a Motel 6. Do I win? :p

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Apparently Russ found a folding chair in his shop, is anyone missing one?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I got a lot of requests to post the Powerpoint from the tuning work shop. I cleaned it up a bit, but there was still a lot of stuff we went over that wasn't covered in the slides.

Edit: Too big to attach to the thread. I'll find a place to get it uploaded tomorrow hopefully. I pay for Photobucket but they don't accept PDF as a filetype :mean: If anyone has a dropbox or other file hosting service, drop me a PM.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts