DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Neil, just sign up for dropbox. It's free... at least up to 2gb. Then put the link in the thread.
Yea, I'll probably sign up with some other service when I find one that doesn't require me to install anything to upload files. Thought I could save myself the trouble but obviously not.

Will post a link here when I have time, but I'll be out of town tonight, so it will be tomorrow evening at the earliest.

Edit: If any gurus out there want to peer-review it before I post it publicly, shoot me a PM. Pretty sure most all of it is technically correct but there's probably a nitpick or two in there somewhere, or something that could be explained easier.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
got it.

did you want me to post here or email suggestions? either is fine. will have to send through work email, though.
Email suggestions if its not too much trouble. Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Ok, so I got my Silverado system tuning making some progress. I have most male and almost all female vocals coming from the center dash. On the demo disc, the last song has a very low toned male voice that comes from the left. There's also that song where the guy is saying "shut your mouth" that comes from the left, too. If I delay the door woofer which is only playing from 63 to 300, I can get the voice on the last song to spread across the dash but not stay center. On the "shut your mouth" song the guys voice hangs out at the left corner of my dash. I'm not sure where to go from here... any advice? So far though, this is the first time that, in my truck, I've successfully gotten some semblance of a center stage going on my own (i.e., without an MS-8; using a RF360.3) so this is pretty awesome. I had to reverse the phase on the 360 to 180 on the midbasses in the doors for them to be present but that could be a crossover thing... at this point I want to see if there's any thoughts on this as-is for crossovers.

Equipment:
RF360.3
Alpine IVEW535-HD (internal amp and processing defeated)
Alpine SPX-17PRO in kick panels
CDT M6+ on a fiberglassed-over MDF baffle in the doors
Morel Ultimo 10" in a ported box (ProBox single 10" design; unknown SqFt.; will not go much below 30 Hz in this box, might try stuffing it with polyfill to see what happens; sounds perfect above that, though)
Gains set just below distortion with my DD-1 on Kenwood XR 400-4 and XR 900-5. 400-4 is powering midbasses; 900-5 all other speakers. Will deal with levels now only from the RF360.

All Linkwitz crossovers

Tweeter crossover: 4250 at 12db (right tweeter is -3db)
Midrange crossover: 300 at 24db and 4250 at 24 db
Midbass crossover: 63 at 24db and 300 at 24 db
Subwoofer crossover: 20 to 63 at 24 db

Any thoughts? This is a temporary setup until I do my a-pillars for an Audison 3-way but I want to learn from this.

Also, weirdly, to get the bass to come from the front, I delayed the subwoofer like 4 ms. It's literally RIGHT behind me in the truck, though. The bass sounds like it's coming from the radio cluster, which is as good as I could get it.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Ok, so I got my Silverado system tuning making some progress. I have most male and almost all female vocals coming from the center dash. On the demo disc, the last song has a very low toned male voice that comes from the left. There's also that song where the guy is saying "shut your mouth" that comes from the left, too. If I delay the door woofer which is only playing from 63 to 300, I can get the voice on the last song to spread across the dash but not stay center. On the "shut your mouth" song the guys voice hangs out at the left corner of my dash. I'm not sure where to go from here... any advice? So far though, this is the first time that, in my truck, I've successfully gotten some semblance of a center stage going on my own (i.e., without an MS-8; using a RF360.3) so this is pretty awesome. I had to reverse the phase on the 360 to 180 on the midbasses in the doors for them to be present but that could be a crossover thing... at this point I want to see if there's any thoughts on this as-is for crossovers.

Equipment:
RF360.3
Alpine IVEW535-HD (internal amp and processing defeated)
Alpine SPX-17PRO in kick panels
CDT M6+ on a fiberglassed-over MDF baffle in the doors
Morel Ultimo 10" in a ported box (ProBox single 10" design; unknown SqFt.; will not go much below 30 Hz in this box, might try stuffing it with polyfill to see what happens; sounds perfect above that, though)
Gains set just below distortion with my DD-1 on Kenwood XR 400-4 and XR 900-5. 400-4 is powering midbasses; 900-5 all other speakers. Will deal with levels now only from the RF360.

All Linkwitz crossovers

Tweeter crossover: 4250 at 12db (right tweeter is -3db)
Midrange crossover: 300 at 24db and 4250 at 24 db
Midbass crossover: 63 at 24db and 300 at 24 db
Subwoofer crossover: 20 to 63 at 24 db

Any thoughts? This is a temporary setup until I do my a-pillars for an Audison 3-way but I want to learn from this.

Also, weirdly, to get the bass to come from the front, I delayed the subwoofer like 4 ms. It's literally RIGHT behind me in the truck, though. The bass sounds like it's coming from the radio cluster, which is as good as I could get it.
Where does he sound like he's coming from on a decent pair of headphones? If he's coming from the left on the headphones, then you shouldn't try to tune the car to make him not come from the left. Hope that makes sense. I don't have headphones or the cd now as I'm at work but ill listen to it again tonight.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
On the last song in the CD the low voice comes into both ears pretty evenly. On the "shut your face" song he comes from the left - just checked. So that I won't use to tune. Maybe both aren't the great for tuning. I dropped 2500 Hz a bit to get rid of harshness - my favorite lesson of the session! I f'ing hate harshness... now I know where it is!

101 - 110 of 110 Posts