DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The edge of the emergency brake is 4” off the kick. The 15” length is do able, however for the 9” depth at the back there is 4” between the e brake and the brake pedal shaft.
I am assuming on the passenger side i would install the horn body 4” off the kick, same as drivers side? If this is the case at the 9” depth there is 3” clearance from kick edge of horn to blower motor housing.
The MH would be an easier fitment with same e brake issue or non issue? With the MH the lowest crossover would be 1200hz? And the full size is 800hz?
Thanks for your help Wood Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Bumper Gas
Rectangle Wood Flooring Gas Tints and shades
Hood Automotive tire Wood Bumper Eyewear
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
The depth is only at the kick or far left and right for both sides. Its possible it will require some cutting of plastic and movong of wire bundles. Also the parking brake would be in the way of the full size and possibly the MH. So remove and go to an actuator or dont use at all.

You want the horns mounted far left and right and back as far as possible under the dash.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s the answer that clears it all up.

“You want the horns mounted far left and right and back as far as possible under the dash.”

I will see what it takes to move the wire bundles. Not concerned about cutting plastic and the E brake will be a thing of the past.
Now whats the difference between the two choices, comp vs neo. ?
I have Dynaudio MW180 in the doors. I used MW160 as a dedicated mid but the install wasnt wife friendly so I swapped it out for a smaller mid. I liked the impact and dynamics from the larger mid although the top end needed some work. This is why I am thinking horns.
Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
The difference is the compression driver, Everything is very similar but the CompNeo utilizes a neodymium magnet rather than ferrite so it is smaller, also results in higher sensitivity a little more air on the top end. No need for a small midrange. The MW180 will work with the HLCD in a 2 way set up and in the future you could upgrade to a higher sensitivity midbass.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Perfect, will update when I get them installed, thank you
Can't wait to see what you come up with. Ive been running a set of old ID-era MHs in my 06 4runner (same panels/dimensions) for a few years and love them but never really finished my install.

I've bent Eric's ears a few times over the years too...he's awesome! I'll be buying a set of his MB8s when the time comes to ditch the 2118Hs.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi guys,
I am curious as well to see what I end up with install wise. Have an idea how i want to do it but won’t know until I get the horns if it will work. Yup, down the rabbit hole azz first, again lol. Already thinking about changing mid bass to pro drivers, and the blow through for the sub since the daytons aren’t output monsters. Dont even have the horns yet , and blow through, wife!?! Hows that gonna work out lol
Yes, still running Dirac and love it. We are gonna do up my sons car, and interested to see how the tune comes out using a mosconi 6to8v8 but thats still a couple months out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts