DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2010 HHR
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I install a lot for 2 people.

The one guy just got this sundown u12 and immediately after hooking a new amp up, the amp goes into protect. We take the sub out to check it out and find this.

This is the second sundown sub we have bought with a terminal issue.

Is there any logic behind this? Or just random luck?

Luckily the JP23 amp has good protection and went into protect quickly and we were able to swap the terminal and get it bumping again. This was not the case with the other sub (x or z 10)

I should note that these were both bought used.

Hand Finger Nail Machine Automotive exhaust

Automotive tire Food Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

Food Ingredient Animal product Cooking Wood

· Registered
4,319 Posts
Hey guys. I install a lot for 2 people.

The one guy just got this sundown u12 and immediately after hooking a new amp up, the amp goes into protect. We take the sub out to check it out and find this.

This is the second sundown sub we have bought with a terminal issue.

Is there any logic behind this? Or just random luck?

Luckily the JP23 amp has good protection and went into protect quickly and we were able to swap the terminal and get it bumping again. This was not the case with the other sub (x or z 10)

I should note that these were both bought used.

View attachment 335645
View attachment 335647
View attachment 335646
You couldn't blame any of that on Sundown since they were bought used, especially with a pair of Vise-Grips in the picture.

· Registered
2010 HHR
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know this isn't a sundown issue. But I'm curious if these were yard sale subs, improper recone, or installation error (too heavy, terminal hit side of mourning hole when installed)

The vice grips were to remove the nut after initial inspection.

Haven't talked to sundown yet. I know this isn't a QC issue. Sundown is the best spl brand IMO. Always solid and recones are cheap.

· Registered
4,319 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.