DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys!

We did 2 458's last month. 2 total different cars with total different owners. In both cars we build a vented sub box with 2x 8" woofers, 6.5" mids in the doors and tweeters in the dash, active driven by sound processor.

The grey one had Hertz HSK speakers, Hertz EF S subwoofers, Hertz HDP5 amplifier and Audison Bit Ten processor.

The red one had Gladen Zero speakers, Gladen SQX subwoofers, Mosconi AS amplifiers and a Mosconi 6to8 processor.

You can see the build blogs on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/BriansCustomAudio

·
Registered
19,507 Posts
i LOVE these cars.. sick build too

·
Registered
262 Posts
hmmm... just wondering how the heck one can listen to the music while driving this beauty? I guess one can only listen while parked and engine turned off???

nonetheless, sick ride and awesome build!

·
Premium Member
2015 VW Passat TDI w/ Stage-2 Tune
387 Posts
Dear Burakol,

The engine does make some noise. But when driving calm, you can fully enjoy the sound system. Only in high revs the sound of the engine will be louder than the sound system.
I think he meant why would you WANT to. If I was driving a 458 all i would want to hear is the engine. :lol:

Nice installs. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think he meant why would you WANT to. If I was driving a 458 all i would want to hear is the engine. :lol:
I think when you have that much cash, when driving a car like that, you're not thinking "Wow, this is awesome", you're thinking, "Hmm, how can I make this more awesome..." ;)

That said, very very clean install. Me likey.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you guys for the positive response!

Both customers wanted their stereo upgraded. They told me that when you own a car like this, the sound of the engine if fun for the first couple of hours. Then you get used to it.

For a car this expensive (and here in The Netherlands this car costs $100,000 more because of the taxes...) the factory sound system is even worse than a $10,000 car! Even the JBL upgrade!

Photography is done by a good friend of mine, Martijn van Dam (www.mvdf.nl).

·
Registered
331 Posts
Beautiful work guys! I love that it is highlighted in just the right ways so it doesn't look gaudy or cheapens the refinement of such a gorgeous car! Well done my friends! You have a fan in Vancouver!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts