DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 sets of mids i am trying to choose from. My tweets are the Morel MT 23's. Just wanna know which mid will pair best with my tweets or if i should look into the Morel mids.. My amp is a Audison LRx5.1 so these mids will be getting about 170 watts. Any feedback is appreciated.

Dynaudio MW 162's

Focal 165 V30's

Hybrid Legatia L6

·
Registered
783 Posts
Any one of these will do just fine! Up to personal preference and sound you are looking for. Dyns are a bit darker and the Focal lighter. Like Yin and Yang! The Hybrid is more neutral. My preference is the order you have them listed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Don't forget the L6 is not a 170 mm chassis, so depending on your vehicle may need extra install work.

I would choose from the Dyn and HAT personally.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Agreed - same order as listed. I'd run the Dyn's first, but any of the listed mids should compliment the MT-23's pretty well.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was leaning more toward the Dyn's over the Focal's. I just wasnt sure that 170 watts would be enough to push the Dyn's and make them sound good.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I think I've read people's comments on Morel having a bit of a "dark" sound to them like the Dyn's, so I'd probably look at those first.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I'd say Dyns, not because I'm biased but because they will voice nicely with the morels.

I'd also say that 170w should be fine. That's about what I was putting to my 182s when you heard them.

Let me know when you've got them up and running.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will do. Hopefully i can get everything i need before the weekend then actually start working on the install over the weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts